PCO interview advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thisboy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got an interview with PCO. Can anybody who interviewed there tell me how it went? What was the procedure, what type of questions did they ask, and if they were uptight or laid back?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Yo what were your stats I just got an invite too

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an interview with PCO. Can anybody who interviewed there tell me how it went? What was the procedure, what type of questions did they ask, and if they were uptight or laid back?

Thanks
If you don't know already, they use the MMI (multiple mini interviews) where they have different stations, each with a different prompt. You have two minutes to read the prompt and think of a response. It's pretty laid back and the questions I was asked were not related to Optometry at all! It's a bit scary in the beginning but definitely gets easier as you get used to the procedure. Just be confident with your answers and you should be good!

If you don't know already, they use the MMI (multiple mini interviews) where they have different stations, each with a different prompt. You have two minutes to read the prompt and think of a response. It's pretty laid back and the questions I was asked were not related to Optometry at all! It's a bit scary in the beginning but definitely gets easier as you get used to the procedure. Just be confident with your answers and you should be good!

what? this wasnt like mine at all

MMI is only for Scholar program not for traditional optometry applicant. The day starts with a short video, then one on one interview and file review, tour, lunch, and little more tour. You should be done by 2:30 to 3 PM.

Reactions: 1 user
Don't stress out. It's not hard. And if you have a decent GPA and/or OAT score, then keep in mind that this school probably wants you more than you want them. Just don't act super weird or careless about the profession.

Yeah, don't sweat it. The interview isn't bad. Just be polite and professional.

Can anyone recommend a hotel or inn to stay at? Not from PA, and a lot of the ones look to be too far from the school to walk there in the morning. I've been looking at Google/yelp reviews and the incidence of reported bed bugs in a lot them scare the hell out of me.

Can anyone recommend a hotel or inn to stay at? Not from PA, and a lot of the ones look to be too far from the school to walk there in the morning. I've been looking at Google/yelp reviews and the incidence of reported bed bugs in a lot them scare the hell out of me.
There aren't really any within walking distance for some odd reason, even though it's in a fairly populated area.

Hi, i am doing an MMI with salus! do you suggest preparing any topics? reading up on ethics?