PCO invited EVERYONE for an interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
thanks, do you know if they have a rep in california you could interview with? Also, does anyone know if any of the other Opt schools out of CA have a rep in CA that does interviews?

Why not go to school in California, you have 3 to choose from.

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm from cali, it cost me $466 (round trip) + $135 (hotel), not $2000. you can complain all you want, they're not going to fly out a rep just for you.

Some of them have alumni in CA that do interviews...not "fly out reps" and i know SUNY used to do this. Also, I wanted to fly thanksgiving weekend is why the plane tickets were so expensive, so I had to change them to beginning of Dec. for cheaper tickets.

Why not go to school in California, you have 3 to choose from.

I applied but I don't really want to go to Western cause it's not accredited and I don't think I'll get into Berkeley. So yes, SCCO would be great haha.

Some of them have alumni in CA that do interviews...not "fly out reps" and i know SUNY used to do this. Also, I wanted to fly thanksgiving weekend is why the plane tickets were so expensive, so I had to change them to beginning of Dec. for cheaper tickets.

what airport are you flying from?

what airport are you flying from?

I ended up using my southwest credits to get a FREE trip! But I still couldn't do thanksgiving weekend since it was full. Hopefully doing an interview beginning of Dec. will still have seats open.

I ended up using my southwest credits to get a FREE trip! But I still couldn't do thanksgiving weekend since it was full. Hopefully doing an interview beginning of Dec. will still have seats open.

srsly....lucky..

I still bought my mom's plane ticket. you went alone?? I would be so freaked out to sleep alone in a hotel. (don't watch the movie Psycho)

yup, can't afford 2 plane tickets. its ok, its pretty safe. where are ou staying?

Lol. am actually flying to philly tonight at 3am but im taking my dad with me. I would truly be to scared to stay in a hotel alone in a new state that a know nothing about.

Lol. am actually flying to philly tonight at 3am but im taking my dad with me. I would truly be to scared to stay in a hotel alone in a new state that a know nothing about.

i am too, i got there at late night, just showered, slept, woke up the next morning checked out, ate, interviewed, flew back. so it was very little time actually alone :)

good, it's always better to be safe than sorry.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I still bought my mom's plane ticket. you went alone?? I would be so freaked out to sleep alone in a hotel. (don't watch the movie Psycho)

Wow are you looking to be a professional or a schoolgirl? Mature up.

Wow are you looking to be a professional or a schoolgirl? Mature up.

WTF? So you're saying a 21 year old should travel alone across the country, take a shuttle by herself to a hotel she found on the internet in a location she doesn't know is safe or not. Maybe you're just bitter or something because your parents would never do that for you...

WTF? So you're saying a 21 year old should travel alone across the country, take a shuttle by herself to a hotel she found on the internet in a location she doesn't know is safe or not. Maybe you're just bitter or something because your parents would never do that for you...

I agree janedoe88. Shunrek was probably neglected by his parents :laugh: Also, I don't understand how traveling with someone makes you unprofessional or immature?

I am a dude and one of my brothers is coming with me since my parents can't make it. Its just much more safe and fun to have someone else travel with you. The only downside is that I have to pay for his ticket! :(

I agree janedoe88. Shunrek was probably neglected by his parents :laugh: Also, I don't understand how traveling with someone makes you unprofessional or immature?

I am a dude and one of my brothers is coming with me since my parents can't make it. Its just much more safe and fun to have someone else travel with you. The only downside is that I have to pay for his ticket! :(

ya seriously :laugh: check out kayak.com, I used southwest cause I had a lot of points added up from previous flights.

Lol not bitter at all, just shocked. I mean people live by themselves at age 18 and manage their whole lives but you are 21 and you still need a babysitter to hold your hand. If someone is accompanying you that is awesome, but I just don't see why its a big deal to sleep in a hotel by yourself.

I actually read so many places that PCO is in down-town philly in a sketchy area..and this is my first time coming to the U.S. and im from a small town in Canada.

Lol not bitter at all, just shocked. I mean people live by themselves at age 18 and manage their whole lives but you are 21 and you still need a babysitter to hold your hand. If someone is accompanying you that is awesome, but I just don't see why its a big deal to sleep in a hotel by yourself.

loner2.jpg

dam we must be bored

look, I don't know what your problem is, did you have to fend for yourself since you were 18? But anyways, I think that we should just leave it as, be safe everyone and "Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics even if you win you're still ******ed"

look, I don't know what your problem is, did you have to fend for yourself since you were 18? But anyways, I think that we should just leave it as, be safe everyone and "Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics even if you win you're still ******ed"

:laugh::D

Are you gonna be taking your parents with you to the interview?

Personally, I haven't decided yet. I am trying to figure out if maybe the school might look at it in a bad way etc.

Are you gonna be taking your parents with you to the interview?

Personally, I haven't decided yet. I am trying to figure out if maybe the school might look at it in a bad way etc.

PCO said that the parents can come on the campus tour/financial aid part, and i assume they wait outside the room while you interview. I figure my parents are paying for the school, they may as well have a good look at it than sit in a hotel room for 5 hours. (And no they're not paying for all of it, I'll probably have to take out loans/work)

Ok everyone - just calm down...

Though, janedoe88 - I think that it's wise to go with your mother. I mean, I wouldn't let my fiancee go by herself to some unknown place. I don't think that makes you less unprofessional in any way. It's your choice, not others'...

sooooo....about PCO inviting everyone for an interview

:)

Supposed to be yesterday, turned it down.

They take you in Federal government/drug dealer style black SUVs between the campus and the clinic so you overlook the fact that they are a 10 minute drive apart from each other.

They take you in Federal government/drug dealer style black SUVs between the campus and the clinic so you overlook the fact that they are a 10 minute drive apart from each other.

Still lonely....

:laugh:

Wanna hop off my nuts already? Stop being an e-thug and continue the discussion in an intelligent manner. Just for you: I have a gf and I am not lonely, thanks.

Supposed to be yesterday, turned it down.

really? the soonest one they offered me was like nov but i pushed it to dec to wait for other schools. Did you get an interview somewhere else?

LULZ. thats what I thought too. i was like whoaa what are these suvs doing here.

I think PCO invited almost everyone for an interview also.

I think PCO invited almost everyone for an interview also.

I don't understand how this is going to work. Are they lowering their standards and just rewarding the people that applied early? Or are they just taking the same people but getting everyone's hopes up? I mean don't they have to at least wait for potential candidates applying later on...

Evidently several people on this forum are being put on old after their interviews for grades. I feel like it would make more sense for PCO to wait until after academic update to send out invites for these people than to make them wait in limbo for months and potentially get their hopes up. I don't think they are lowering their standards per se, while some people are on hold, other more qualified candidates are getting accepted in a timely fashion, so there are still seats being taken by people with better marks.

Last edited:
really? the soonest one they offered me was like nov but i pushed it to dec to wait for other schools. Did you get an interview somewhere else?

Yea, I got into SUNY and NECO, decided I would rather go to either of those than PCO and didn't want to waste their time.

Evidently several people on this forum are being put on old after their interviews for grades. I feel like it would make more sense for PCO to wait until after academic update to send out invites for these people than to make them wait in limbo for months and potentially get their hopes up. I don't think they are lowering their standards per se, while some people are on hold, other more qualified candidates are getting accepted in a timely fashion, so there are still seats being taken by people with better marks.

i dont thikn we'll wait for months. the lady said after they get my mt this week they would lmk that fri

I don't understand how this is going to work. Are they lowering their standards and just rewarding the people that applied early? Or are they just taking the same people but getting everyone's hopes up? I mean don't they have to at least wait for potential candidates applying later on...

Well that's how rolling admissions work.

i dont thikn we'll wait for months. the lady said after they get my mt this week they would lmk that fri

Ya it seems like they are accepting alot of people after midterms next week...i know it's rolling admissions, but they have to leave some room for later applicants...

Last edited: