PCOM-PA Class of 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmulhern

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would get a thread started since it was mentioned previously in another thread! Not sure if there is already a facebook group either

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations, welcome and good luck to all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to all of you! Looking foward to the school year!

Awesome. very excited for next year...

facebook?

Congrats folks. There are couple of 1st and 2nd years on this board who are closer to you guys and would offer you better advice but any burning clinical year/boards questions you have, feel free to ask.

i'm trying to start group but i have to add a friend lol. someone pm me their real name...

Museic, did you make a Facebook group or are you still looking for someone's real name?

Group is made. It's name is "PCOM Class of 2016". I think you can request to join but if not just pm me your name and I'll add.

Group is made. It's name is "PCOM Class of 2016". I think you can request to join but if not just pm me your name and I'll add.

Hmm, I dont know why I can't find it when I do a search, are you sure its not private? I'll pm you.

Okay the facebook group is rolling and it should be searchable now. Regardless feel to pm me if you need an invite.

For those accepted, the $250 deposit and commitment are due by December 15, right? I plan on sending mine out tomorrow... just want to see if others got the same date. Don't want to miss it! I plan on sending it out first thing tomorrow.
Should I call to tell them I'm intending on sending it in tomorrow?

Members don't see this ad :)
nice. only 1500 due by april.

just a reminder that the fb page is up and going

for some reason we are having trouble making it public...you can just pm me your name and I'll find you. make sure that you give me a distinct way to ID your profile.

the name is "PCOM class of 2016"

Hi All,
I scheduled my interview for early January. Two things:
-Any tips or advice for the interview process?
-What was the average time between your interview and your notification of acceptance?

Congratulations on your acceptances,

PNN

Hi All,
-What was the average time between your interview and your notification of acceptance?

PNN

Congrats! I interviewed on Nov 28 and got my letter yesterday but it was dated Dec 7...I live in AZ so it took a while to get to me. The interview is really relaxed, we were joking around the whole time. They asked me basic questions about me, why pcom, why DO, why physcian, strengths/weaknesses, etc.. I walked out terrfied that they didn't take me seriously, because we were all laughing so much, but I got accepted so just be yourself!!
Good luck!!!

Also does anyone know if the pcom group is just the page or if there is an actual group, because I can only find the page on facebook.

Thanks! :)

Hi All,

PNN

Think before you speak. Be yourself. Be ready to talk about anything in your application. EVERYTHING is fair game at the interview. And be ready to talk about yourself and things that aren't on your application.

Don't be afraid to ask questions to your interviewer. Actually, have a list of few questions ready to ask them because it shows interest in the school.

Hey all, count me in on this:soexcited: can't wait to start..... going to be a long 8 months!

Hi All,

PNN

When I interviewed they asked me a fair number of questions about things like personal qualities (also my least favorite questions cause it makes me feel like I'm bragging about myself) - expect some questions along the lines of "what qualities other than academics do you bring to this class?" or "how would your friends describe you?"

Good luck!

I got my binder today, I guess they sent them out a little earlier this year.

I got my binder today, I guess they sent them out a little earlier this year.

Got mine too, I filled out the online forms for my background check..... so how do you define "crime"

It asks have you ever committed a "crime" with no clarification.... do I have speeding tickets? yes..... did I once in college get a ticket for littering? yes sir - so does that mean yes I've committed a crime? I would say no

I dunno, man. Littering?? PCOM will likely rescind your acceptance.

I have made a spreadsheet that details some apartment complexes surrounding PCOM if you're looking at places to live

Attachments

• PCOM.Housing.xlsx
    14.7 KB · Views: 155
I dunno, man. Littering?? PCOM will likely rescind your acceptance.

haha I wasn't worried about them rescinding my acceptance, I was just illustrating how vague a question it is (more or less do they consider summary offenses a crime?)

The answer to that is no, you don't have to declare summary offenses on your mystudentcheck

Hi All,

PNN

Congrats!! I got accepted Dec 23rd after interviewing Dec 15th. Its very very relaxed. They mostly ask you about yourself based off of your application (like they had my application in front of them and were asking questions as they were reading it...)

At one point they asked me "What type of person is your best friend?" It threw me off a little but I guess the interview went well! haha relax and take it easy! good luck!

Hi All!!,
My boyfriend was recently accepted to PCOM (Class of 2016!) I am soooo excited for him and I would love to be involved as much as possible with his education.
I saw the posts about the FB page and I will definitely mention this site and the page to him. I am not going to play pretend on here and act like I know what's going on, I would just love to help him transition into the Medical School life.
Right now we live 2.5 hours away from PCOM, he will be getting an apartment (Suggestions for places please!) while I stay here, work and take care of the little one (8 yrs old).

CONGRATULATIONS to EVERYONE who made it in!!!

**name is 'wife' due to the plans of marriage and more babies

Hey guys. I'm looking for a female roommate for next year. I live at the Duffield apartments, it's pretty close to school and withing walking distance if you choose to walk (it will take you a little while though). It's really nice and safe here. All utilities are included and the rent if you split it by 2 is $750 a month (and 45 for internet). My current roommate is moving out at the end of the lease year and I don't really want to move. There is a pool on the property which is open all summer as well as a small gym that is free to use. The place is a 2B/2BR with a balcony.

If anyone is interested, let me know. You would be getting the bigger room and you have your own bathroom.

Message me on here or e-mail [email protected]

I have made a spreadsheet that details some apartment complexes surrounding PCOM if you're looking at places to live

Do you mind re-posting this in a modified format? I cannot open the file and need to start looking for a place asap :)

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

And also, after everyone sent in their deposits, did it take eight weeks for a binder to arrive, as described on PCOM's website? Thanks :)

Do you mind re-posting this in a modified format? I cannot open the file and need to start looking for a place asap :)

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

And also, after everyone sent in their deposits, did it take eight weeks for a binder to arrive, as described on PCOM's website? Thanks :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuyIf2Khab3KdHA2aGZsQTBDRVJiRDY1bXFNcldHZFE#gid=0 (from the PCOM c/o 2016 facebook group)

it definitely took between 1-2 months for me to receive the binder, but i'm willing to bet i'll be quicker for you since it's getting close to the summer now.

congrats on your acceptance! i'm sure we'll meet soon haha

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuyIf2Khab3KdHA2aGZsQTBDRVJiRDY1bXFNcldHZFE#gid=0 (from the PCOM c/o 2016 facebook group)

it definitely took between 1-2 months for me to receive the binder, but i'm willing to bet i'll be quicker for you since it's getting close to the summer now.

congrats on your acceptance! i'm sure we'll meet soon haha

Thanks! Getting nervous about finding an affordable place and a good roomie at this point. This will help! See you August 12 :)

Anyone living in/looking at Imperial? Do you like it?