PCOM vs NYCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kennedy9

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I have recently been accepted to PCOM and have an interview scheduled for NYCOM in a few weeks. Can anyone tell me which school may be better based on residencies/pass rates? I am also considering trying to go back to the west coast to be with family/friends for residency. Any insight would be helpful :)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

They're both good schools so far as pass rates and residency placement. I'd worry more about which one you like, as their reputations are roughly equivalent, especially if you plan to go back to the West coast.

Hi!

I have recently been accepted to PCOM and have an interview scheduled for NYCOM in a few weeks. Can anyone tell me which school may be better based on residencies/pass rates? I am also considering trying to go back to the west coast to be with family/friends for residency. Any insight would be helpful :)

Thanks!

As Mad Jack stated, those two are overall pretty strong programs. I think maybe the main difference between the two would be the cost & maybe curriculum? I'm not so sure about curriculum differences. But I am very jealous that you got into PCOM. lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Check out the thread "Pros and Cons of your DO school" for some recent reviews of PCOM. Im in NYCOM right now and love it.], feel free to PM any questions

I grew up not too far from NYCOM, so love the area. Both are good schools, but NYCOM has had a high attrition rate recently. I don't know if this was a trend or a one time oddity.

Suggest checking out match rates, cost of tuition, proximity to family or your support group, your fit for the place, and whether you think you can be happy there for the next four years.

Reactions: 1 user