PDAs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

basementbeastie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
can any of you experienced EM interns out there comment on what PDA programs you have found useful during the past year? thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks southern doc...i did a search before posting the original question but nothing useful came up. also, i figured that both PDAs and their programs have been rapidly changing and i wanted some current opinions.

Epocrates Pro and 5 Min EM consult are pretty much all one needs to function in the ED. These 2 programs have eliminated any need for me to carry anything other than my Palm at work... No books is the way to go!
MArk

Best thing I ever did was buy a Pocket PC. There aren't many textbooks for Pocket PC's, but with a textbook on CD, you can cut & paste info into Word documents & make summaries that you can take everywhere in your Pocket PC.
Hopefully it's not too far away, when full textbooks with pictures, will fit into a Pocket PC & they will be fast enough to access the data quickly

yes, i searched and got a bunch of stuff from the likes of radiology, peds, etc....admittedly this was probably user error!

ahhh..did not know that...like i said -> user error (story of my life)