PDF annotation app recommendations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wonderbread12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the PDF annotation apps out there. Some that I have come across as most useful are (in no particular order): 1) Notability 2) PDF expert 3) iAnnotate

I'm looking to get one of these apps as I'll be doing most of my reading on a tablet instead of carrying around books for each rotation. Anyone have any advice on which to go with?

Much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

If you're with android get Lecture Notes. Don't know about apple stuff though

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an iPad mini for rotations and after doing a lot of research went with PDF Expert. It loads pdfs quickly, has easy annotation tools, and is updated frequently. For viewing videos I bought nPlayer.

I just got an iPad mini for rotations and after doing a lot of research went with PDF Expert. It loads pdfs quickly, has easy annotation tools, and is updated frequently. For viewing videos I bought nPlayer.

Have you found having an iPad useful overall? I was also leaning towards PDF expert although it's a bit expensive

I haven't actually started rotations yet. I was told by a few friends that it was convenient for downtime to have the books available in pdf format.