Peds 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ANESHF2016

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that are a few threads out there but wondering if everyone knows about some of the Peds Anesth fellowship programs. Also who is everyone hearing back from and where are you getting interviews to?

I've heard back from Cincinnati, Wash U in St. L, Arkansas, Mayo-Jax, Duke, George Washington, Oklahoma, CHOP, Iowa,

Wanting to hear back from Seattle, Denver and Vandy but nothing yet

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at both Wash U and Arkansas. Both phenomenal programs with even better attendings. The workload seems very managable, not a lot of scutwork. Oh did I say how mice everyone was.

Arkansas is a total gem. I interviewed for residency, but the pediatric fellowship director also gave us a presentation. He was extremely nice and I was really impressed with the pediatric anesthesiology fellowship opportunities. Even as a resident, if you were doing well they said there was the option for us to do pediatric heart month since the fellows got so many cases (no place I interviewed at had this opportunity).

I would second how nice everyone was at UAMS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know much about Mayo-Jax or Oklahoma?
I know it's a tough question but what's everyone's thought on how many interviews we should be going on?

Anyone know if the match data from previous years includes applicants that did not match because they accepted out of match spots? Just trying to get a handle on whats reasonable to go on. Obviously, depends to some degree on your qualifications as a candidate...

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how to inquire about non-match spots? I'm interviewing at some peds fellowships that are part of the match but also have non-match spots... Let's say that I'd be ready to commit to one. Is it a faux-pas to tell the fellowship PD that I'm ultra interested in their program and would be interested in a out of match spot if they'll offer one?