Penn State Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JETER

Super Educated, I'm Smarter than Spock
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking on the NIGMS website, it appears that they no longer list Penn State as an MSTP program. Is this a flaw, or did they lose their NIH recognition? Anyone know? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Was Penn State ever an MSTP program? I didn't know that...I thought UPenn was the major MSTP program in PA.

Members don't see this ad :)
AndyMilonakis said:
Was Penn State ever an MSTP program? I didn't know that...I thought UPenn was the major MSTP program in PA.

As far as I know, it was. On their website, it mentioned MSTP status and NIH funding. I was wondering because on the NIGMS website, it was listed as a MST program until the last month. I would still like to work in their Ortho lab, regardless though.

AndyMilonakis said:

If memory serves me, when I applied they were getting funding for one student, and I'm not even sure if that was per year. I think the program is something like 6 students/year. I've always personally wondered how such a small program was getting MSTP funding when larger programs and research institutions were always trying to get it--like UMaryland or Jefferson in this area.