personal question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qwe7791

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I get into medical school, should I date girls that currently attends medical school or date someone in another profession,etc? I feel that if we were in the same profession, we'll understand the time constraints we have, but it will nevertheless feel less exciting in this relationship than someone who dates someone like an accountant or something.. it's a pretty subjective question I guess, but I kind of want your opinions.

Members don't see this ad.

1. What is exciting about an accountant?
2. What is unexciting about someone else in medicine?
3. Why don't you just date who you really connect with, regardless of their profession?

1. What is exciting about an accountant?
2. What is unexciting about someone else in medicine?
3. Why don't you just date who you really connect with, regardless of their profession?

The accountant example just popped into my head, but it was completely random. It could be whatever profession it is. Is the relationship really going to be engaging and stuff if all we ever talk about is medicine? And I agree with number 3.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can find an accountant who you find to be the most interesting person ever. Alternatively, you can find a medical student who you find the most boring person ever. People are very different. It's good to keep an open mind.

You might find someone whose talents are in a totally different field to be a nice compliment to yours.

If you're only limitations are that she's not in med school, why go with accountant? I'd choose a professional chef... or gymnast... or recent lottery winner... that's a job, right?

If you're only limitations are that she's not in med school, why go with accountant? I'd choose a professional chef... or gymnast... or recent lottery winner... that's a job, right?

I would stick with the sales representative, NFL cheerleader or a business executive. :naughty:

When I get into medical school, should I date girls that currently attends medical school or date someone in another profession,etc? I feel that if we were in the same profession, we'll understand the time constraints we have, but it will nevertheless feel less exciting in this relationship than someone who dates someone like an accountant or something.. it's a pretty subjective question I guess, but I kind of want your opinions.

Stop thinking too much into it. Date someone you're interested in no matter what profession.

Bold: Dumb.

maybe you should be worrying more about getting into med school than about what your future love life might be. Seriously if there is anything you have 0 control over in this world its who you end up falling for. these types of things just happen, you can't really plan for it.

maybe you should be worrying more about getting into med school than about what your future love life might be. Seriously if there is anything you have 0 control over in this world its who you end up falling for. These types of things just happen, you can't really plan for it.

+1

maybe you should be worrying more about getting into med school than about what your future love life might be. Seriously if there is anything you have 0 control over in this world its who you end up falling for. these types of things just happen, you can't really plan for it.

+1 for this and #3