Personal Statement and Supplemental Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

taurusgrl326

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
For the personal statement, when we finish and want to submit it on PTCAS, is it okay to copy and paste it as one big paragraph because every indent counts like as 5 spaces and the limit is 4500 with spaces. Or do we take them into consideration and include them for each of our paragraphs but make sure its under the limit? Do you guys know if we can preview how it looks like before we submit it because I don't want to click it and it's too late?

I noticed that some of the schools I'm applying to have supplemental questions and they are pretty much the same as the general PS question. Can we still talk about similar stuff we said in our PS but not literally copy and paste our PS into the supplemental question because I heard that the schools do not like it when we do that?

Members don't see this ad.

I think there is a post on here about that. Contact PTCAS and they will tell you exactly how to format.

I think I recall them recommending a 2 space indent for each paragraph.

question 2: The schools know what the PTCAS question is. They do not want the same answer twice. If it's the same question twice then elaborate on the PTCAS question and find a unique way to approach the supplemental question. Don't be lazy.