personal statement examples?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rx22

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am really stuck in writing my essays for optometry schools. anyone who was accepted last year..would you guys be kind enough to share some with me? i jsut want to get an idea of what i should be writing. thank you so much! i really appreciate any help or advice!
email : [email protected]

Members don't see this ad.

i am really stuck in writing my essays for optometry schools. anyone who was accepted last year..would you guys be kind enough to share some with me? i jsut want to get an idea of what i should be writing. thank you so much! i really appreciate any help or advice!
email : [email protected]

I don't have my essays on hand, but I can give you some tips:
http://www.optstudent.com/applications.html
http://advisingservices.ucdavis.edu/advising/hsa/handouts/sample_essay_questions_preoptometry.html

If you have any specific questions on writing the essay, just PM me.

I also don't have any specific examples (some might be reluctant to share...) but check out the Essay Workshop 101 under the General Tab right here on Student Doctor Network. They are geared more for a medical school P.S. but the advice about writing to the audience and the examples they have are pretty helpful!

Members don't see this ad :)
That workshop looks really helpful. Just took a look at a few sections and seems pretty good.

About the personal statements. The ones with multiple essays. i.e. SCCO's 3 topics. Are we expected to write about 500 words for each topic?

That workshop looks really helpful. Just took a look at a few sections and seems pretty good.

About the personal statements. The ones with multiple essays. i.e. SCCO's 3 topics. Are we expected to write about 500 words for each topic?

As far as I can remember, there was no particular expectation for the number of words. I personally wrote one page per esssay.