Personal Statement Length

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chachorigo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What was your word count for the Optomcas application personal statement?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much for your input, 4,500 words seamed long.

Thank you so much for your input, 4,500 words seamed long.
NOT 4500 words, 4500 Characters, which means every letter you use is counted!!! You ca have 750 words, but if it is over 4500 characters then your statement will not fit in the given optomcas page. As you type look right at the bottom where it says word count and click on it. It should show you the number of words and characters!

Hi,

I'm looking at applying next cycle, just wanted to ask: are we expected to fill out every single personal statement as a different one specific to each school? They all have a questions box with a designated statement, I was under the impression that it would be one personal statement that would be sent to all of them, instead we have to write a personal essay to each?

Hi,

I'm looking at applying next cycle, just wanted to ask: are we expected to fill out every single personal statement as a different one specific to each school? They all have a questions box with a designated statement, I was under the impression that it would be one personal statement that would be sent to all of them, instead we have to write a personal essay to each?

You just need to write one statement and paste that in the designated school field. You can tailor your statement for each school if you want to which is more work but not necessary.