personal statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mepstein

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My microsoft word count in 954 words. How much of that should i expect to take out in order to send it out on AADSAS????

gracias

Members don't see this ad.

mepstein said:
My microsoft word count in 954 words. How much of that should i expect to take out in order to send it out on AADSAS????

gracias

good job for completing your essay early!

if u search for old posts...most people had under 1000 words, which is fine.
i think the bulk of applicants had it around 700-900

My essay was about 850, but I think that they tell you 1000 or less, so if its all good and its how you want it, you might not have to cut any out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine was something like 980 and it worked out just fine (I used Word). I believe you'll be just fine. Good luck!

you should actually do a character count and not a word count. aadsas uses an average of 6 characters per word, so as long as you're under 6000 characters (with spaces), it should fit in the box.

netsn06 said:
you should actually do a character count and not a word count. aadsas uses an average of 6 characters per word, so as long as you're under 6000 characters (with spaces), it should fit in the box.

Bingo! This is the reason why everyone's essay ends up with less than a 1000 words. I had to trim mine down to ~950 to make it fit - doing that was sure easier than writing it, that's for sure!

Speaking of personal statements, does anyone know where I can find some sample ones to see as an example? Never done this before :D

Look at the personal essay writing tips on this website and Essay Edge's website. Essay Edge's has several examples of unedited and edited personal statements. Their personal statement tips are very helpful.

Mine's around 980 words and about ready to send off... :clap: :clap: It's a real good feeling when it starts to come together. Good luck.