Personal Statements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doggie

Professional Jackass
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
In an effort to keep this board rolling (and something for me to do while i sit at home doing nothing), I am curious as to what you guys have wrote (or decided to write) on your personal statements.

To start off, I will describe a lil about what I have wrote.

I basically described how I had chipped my #9 and was fitted with a crown when I was in junior high. Before the restoration, I had to toil with imprefections with my teeth.....hence teasing from other kids......hence low self-esteem (somewhat BS yet somewhat true). :D Finally when my tooth was restored, no more teasing and all of a sudden more self-esteem! :p Then I went on describing that dentists are cool cuz they give self-esteem via perfect smile (which is true).....yada yada yada.......you get the idea.

Hehe....sounds kinda cheesy, but it worked for me!

Members don't see this ad.

I can't remember what I wrote, without having it in front of me.. but I do remember panicking after I had sent it:
I missed a word, and noticed it about 10 minutes too late.

*grin*

Fortunately, they didn't notice it. :) In any case, I talked about how friendly my dentist is and how I admire his work. I talked about wanting to tie in my creativity with some higher order knowledge, and I discussed the fact that I play guitar. :) Actually, I think I spoke a touch too much about the guitar thing, and not enough about dentistry, but no one seemed to mind.

:)

Does anyone have any comments about Temple University's Dental School and Northwestern University Dental School ? :confused:

Did you know that Northwestern's Dental school just graduated its last class?