PGY 2 Position available in July 2016 at Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BU Pathology

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
We will have an opening for a PGY2 position in our pathology residency starting on July 1, 2016. The residency program is based at Boston Medical Center, the primary teaching hospital for the Boston University School of Medicine.

If you are a current PGY1 resident who may be interested in transferring, please contact our residency coordinator Mark Uva: [email protected]

Residents must be in good standing in their current program and should speak with their current residency director about the possibility of transferring.

Additional information about our program may be found on the website.
http://www.bumc.bu.edu/busm-pathology/residency-program/

Daniel Remick, M.D.
Chair and Professor of Pathology
Residency Director
Boston University School of Medicine and Boston Medical Center

Members don't see this ad.

This is nothing new. Medicine has seen an increase in women over the years, so Pathology along with other specialties would be a reflection of that. The tables tilted in med school classes being over 50% women around the early 2000's. I remember when I was a med student, one of my preceptor's medical school composite (headshots) from his graduating class in 1955 was hanging on his office wall. Every single graduate was a male WASP...how times have changed. Another one of my preceptors in med school who was a pathologist said some women go into this field because of the low stress lifestyle in residency/practice which makes it easy on them when they get pregnant...

Last edited: