pharmacist - H1 VISA sponsorship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prk

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Folks,
I am currently a P-2 Student at Western Univ. I wonder what are the chances or which companies prefer to sponsor H1 VISA, once I have my pharmacist license or are there any willing companies who sponsor H1 VISA for intern pharmacist on F1 VISA OPT.
Appreciate all you seasoned folks responses.
Thanks.
PRK

Members don't see this ad.

I would be surprised if you were unable to find a sponsor. My current employer paid big bucks to get an India trained pharmacologist his pharmacy license and citizenship here. He is going to make an awful pharmacist because he is apathetic, slow to retain skills, and his training was not really geared towards practice. But, he has a pulse!

I'm not inferring that foreign born or trained pharmacists are incompetent. I'm just saying US companies are desperate and willing to jump through hoops to get licensed pharmacists on board.

Folks,
I am currently a P-2 Student at Western Univ. I wonder what are the chances or which companies prefer to sponsor H1 VISA, once I have my pharmacist license or are there any willing companies who sponsor H1 VISA for intern pharmacist on F1 VISA OPT.
Thanks.
PRK

Kroger has an office that handles issues just like this. I know several students in this region (Kroger Mid-south) that they have assisted. I'm sure other chains do the same.

Members don't see this ad :)
Folks,
Thanks.
PRK

I am a p-2 too:thumbup: at UTHSC. There is a 100% chance that you will find a company ( retail or hospital) that will fill for your H1-B. Haven't you guys had career fairs at your school? It's a great opportunity to go ask questions directly to those companies..the recruiters are there in person...I have been going to mine every year.

So far I am in "love" with CVS but I might go hospital..I wanted to do a residency but..no one seems to know on which visa I should be during my residency ( not even my IA advisor).So, I gave up on it.

I heard that Longs and CVS are willing to sponsor international pharmacists. Especially Longs.
plus, nice to see ya. I'm a Western Univ. student. too.:D

Thanks for all your replies. I am pretty much confident that I will find sponsor. But my other question still remains unanswered, do they sponsor intern pharmacist (like my status after gradaution) or they would not do that till I pass my NAPLEX / CPJE and become lincensed as a Pharmacist. Currently I work with CVS and am thinking of asking them. But I was kind of hesitant to ask them directly, instead decided to get some background information before I go to my district manager and ask him about this.

I know its kind of specific question, but all your inputs would be well appreciated.
Thanks.
Prk