Pharmacist Liability Insurance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VictorOfHungerGames

May the odds be ever in your favor
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who's got the malpractice insurance and what's a good one to get? how much?

Members don't see this ad.

HPSO is my recommendation. Cheap and they cover most things that other companies don't (sterile compounding, etc).

Reactions: 4 users
I go with pharmacist mutual

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How much do y'all pay for Pharmacist Mutual, and how much is the sterile compounding addition?

I don’t do the compounding part but it’s like 110 dollars for a year or something like that.

I think HPSO and pharmacist mutual are the 2 big ones. I don’t think there is much difference between the two.

Reactions: 1 user
I pay $147 for HSPO. If pharmacist mutual costs $110+$100 for sterile compounding then HSPO seems to be the best deal.

I used pharmacist mutual for years - from Iowa, and we had their owner speak in our law class. After the NE compounding cluster F - they added sterile compounding as an extra rider- which pushed them more expensive than HSPO - so I changed. Now that being said, I would rather go with who has the best track record, (saving $100 a year means nothing if you get hit with a lawsuit) but I have not heard anything negative about either company. I only do minimal sterile compounding (during codes, etc) - and you can argue that isn't sterile. So I likely won't ever use the rider, but if makes me feel better having it. FWIW

Reactions: 1 user