Pharmacist Poll

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Do you Like your job as a pharmacist?

• Yes I do

Votes: 27 55.1%
  • No I don't

Votes: 22 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigpharmD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many practicing pharmacists currently like their job?
Vote
Yes/No

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Should add... "I'm not a practicing pharmacist, but don't want to keep clicking view poll"

You mean mods can't peak at the poll votes? I'm pretty sure that way back in the day on SDN anyone could see how people voted. Or maybe I'm making that up.

Members don't see this ad :)
As if the person is going to say, "I said no. Hear me roar!"

Nine is a pretty small sample size . . . where are all the other pharmacists?

Yeah, and whatever happened to SDN1977? Did she finally leave the forum for good or is she still here under another name? I never read anything anymore that sounds like her, anyway.

My job is alright. I do one of two things every day....I either sit in a chair all day processing orders in a nice, clean, quiet room...or I'm on the floor bull****ting with physicians and nurses all day. The physicians ask for for recommendations or insights on protocols...the nurses complain about missing meds and figure out ways to subtly ask me if I have a girlfriend.

It's cool so far...and if it starts to suck, I'll go elsewhere.

I think it is close to 65-60% Yes /35-40% No... seems like that trend will continue. I wonder if all the No are those who are in retail :smuggrin:

I think it is close to 65-60% Yes /35-40% No... seems like that trend will continue. I wonder if all the No are those who are in retail :smuggrin:

I wonder how the mds would vote

I wonder how hospital janitors would rate. For people with no education...and with prospects that reflect as such...they seem to be pretty damned thrilled about their $12/hour with benefits cleaning job....

I wonder how hospital janitors would rate. For people with no education...and with prospects that reflect as such...they seem to be pretty damned thrilled about their $12/hour with benefits cleaning job....
Too stupid to realize life sucks? I mean cows are probably pretty happy with themselves, so there's always that.

Too stupid to realize life sucks? I mean cows are probably pretty happy with themselves, so there's always that.
Stupid? Nah. Enlightened. Somebody's gotta cleanup grandpa's mess after they clear the impaction. Janitors just know that its easier if they don't have to fight with MDs about it. :smuggrin:

Have you ever just watched those people...they're always whistlin' away...mopping a nasty floor...smile on their face...happy as a crackhead in an unattended ambulance.

Have you ever just watched those people...they're always whistlin' away...mopping a nasty floor...smile on their face...happy as a crackhead in an unattended ambulance.

Hey!! Don't knock the environmental hygienists/quality control engineers/environmental service associates/custodians! Hospital would be nasty without them...

Well because people here (those who got college education) are usually very privileged, but when you come from the "ghetto" or underdeveloped countries, you appreciate having a job especially with today's economic situation. A nice holiday theme... be grateful for where you are born and being in your situation... instead of going off and being pissy about not getting the Christmas present you wanted (not talking about you WVU specifically... just in general)

Last edited:
Wow...I'm actually surprised at how many "No's" there are so far...

You shouldn't have made it anonymous! :smuggrin:

I'm not. The same would be true for most jobs. Plus pharmacists in general think they know a lot and deserve more respect.

Yeah but being selfish is so goddamn fun, don't you understand we deserve everything we want?!

I figure if janitors were really pissed off they could **** with the world pretty bad. I mean you figure, janitors have keys to pretty much any office anywhere. Somebody's got to clean the oval office, top floor of Google's HQ, etc. They should unite one day and just collectively take a big dump in everyone's office just to spite us all.

but when you come from the "ghetto"

Nah...where I came from was worse than the ghetto. People from the city ghetto are pitied and people (pretend to) like them. People from the holler are vilified and people are allowed to hate them.

And with that in mind...I'm pretty sure everyone I know didn't like their night shift stocking job at WalMart or their shift manager job at Taco Bell...not like the janitors, anyway...I mean, hell, these people give me hope for humanity...I'm not joking one bit, either. I've got the pharmacist next to me complaining about her last raise only putting her up to $52 an hour, meanwhile ol' Gus is cleaning up Mr. Bryant's bowel movement with a smile on his face.

Yeah but being selfish is so goddamn fun, don't you understand we deserve everything we want?!

I figure if janitors were really pissed off they could **** with the world pretty bad. I mean you figure, janitors have keys to pretty much any office anywhere. Somebody's got to clean the oval office, top floor of Google's HQ, etc. They should unite one day and just collectively take a big dump in everyone's office just to spite us all.
I so agree.

The janitors are happy because they're content, a lesson that applies to any job, no matter how well or how crappily it pays. Speaking of janitors ****ing with the world, I read "The Scorpion Letters" once, in which a guy blackmailed lots of rich people. The way he got their incriminating information was by using cleaning staff, bellhops, room service...basically hotel staff that most people do not pay any attention to.

He had the right idea. :smuggrin:

You mean mods can't peak at the poll votes? I'm pretty sure that way back in the day on SDN anyone could see how people voted. Or maybe I'm making that up.

We can edit the poll :smuggrin:, but not view who voted. I'm sure it could be done with some techno stuff, but I wouldn't know how, and even if I did, it'd probably be some special admin power restricted to Lee or something.