Pharmacy Intern Pay Rates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dbarth101

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have seen other threads that had this as the central theme, but many of them dated back to 2009 and beyond. I have currently been accepted into two schools, and will hopefully get accepted after my interview on Friday to another school. I work at Kroger Pharmacy as a technician where I make $8.50 an hour, but was wondering what intern pay looked like across other companies. I realize that geographical location plays a big role in this, but if people could post what interns make at certain chains that would be greatly appreciated. I do not come from a lot of money, and need to make as much as possible during school to keep my student loans down. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Members don't see this ad.

I have seen other threads that had this as the central theme, but many of them dated back to 2009 and beyond. I have currently been accepted into two schools, and will hopefully get accepted after my interview on Friday to another school. I work at Kroger Pharmacy as a technician where I make $8.50 an hour, but was wondering what intern pay looked like across other companies. I realize that geographical location plays a big role in this, but if people could post what interns make at certain chains that would be greatly appreciated. I do not come from a lot of money, and need to make as much as possible during school to keep my student loans down. Thank you for your time and consideration.

P1- $12
P2- $13
P3- $14
P4- $15

Grad intern- $30

I was paid $14 summer after I finished my P2 year and I know P1 start at $12. And my classmates now at Publix get $15.50 as P4s. That's all I know for sure.

CVS:
6th year intern: $20
Grad Intern: $30

Members don't see this ad :)
Depends on who you work for. Local independent here pays its 3rd years $20. IHS near my alma mater is paying $8

I'm a P1 in Chicago & am currently making $14/hour at my chain.

Last edited:
P1 at Target, make $12/hour.

:eek: Wow! Granted I have over 10 years experience, but I make $15 now as a CPhT in a mail order facility located in Florida.

Members don't see this ad :)
CVS Northern NJ rates are

p1 - $12
p2 - $13
p3 - $14
p4 - $15

grad intern $27
new rph $53.50
new rph nights $58.50

again this is old info from graduating class of 2012

if you work in a hospital around here the rates are anywhere between $18 - $24 for pharmacy tech. Rph's make less in hospital in northern nj than in retail. make about $48/hr in northern nj and about $52-53/hr for nyc hospitals. overnights at hospitals in nyc around $60 - $62/hr. these are rates for new grads. again, old info.

P4 at Kroger in Indy - $13 an hour
P4 at K-mart - $13.81

I did not get an increase as a grad intern

:eek: Wow! Granted I have over 10 years experience, but I make $15 now as a CPhT in a mail order facility located in Florida.

Yeah! I was thinking the same thing I make almost $14 an hour as a CPhT and was under the impression I would be making a little more than technician pay as an intern....

Probably same thing will to you as happened to me - since my tech pay rate was higher than P1, my salary was essentially frozen until I was a P4.

Northwest
P2
Target: 17
Savon: 16.50
Walgreens: 15
Rite Aid: 18
Independent: 14

Kroger chain (Smith's) in Utah.
P1 16.50
P2 18.00
P3 Not sure yet?

Disclaimer: They pay by how many hours of experience and graduation date. I am at a 3 year school so that may be why it seems inflated.

P1 16.50
P2 18.00
P3 Not sure yet?

Disclaimer: They pay by how many hours of experience and graduation date. I am at a 3 year school so that may be why it seems inflated.
Oh wow smiths in NM only pays
P1 14.00
P2 15.00
P3 16.00
P4 17.00

Does any one know what Ralph's in Southern California pays its interns?

P1- $12
P2- $13
P3- $14
P4- $15

Grad intern- $30

I was paid $14 summer after I finished my P2 year and I know P1 start at $12. And my classmates now at Publix get $15.50 as P4s. That's all I know for sure.

Its 0.50 higher per year now and 32 for grad intern

assistant managers are now starting at 47.5 (florida), dont know about full manager.

This doesn't include the 8-10% bonus as stock each year, bonuses, dividends, holiday pay

P1 16.50
P2 18.00
P3 Not sure yet?

I just applied to a position in West Jordan Utah and they offered me 16.50. Seemed low to me and really strange that it hasn't changed in the last 2 years (with inflation and all). I currently live in Arizona and they start interns here at $18 ($20 second year)! So bumbed I didn't get into the school here.

I just applied to a position in West Jordan Utah and they offered me 16.50. Seemed low to me and really strange that it hasn't changed in the last 2 years (with inflation and all). I currently live in Arizona and they start interns here at $18 ($20 second year)! So bumbed I didn't get into the school here.

$27 as a 4th year

Missouri - Chain
P1: $13-14 depending on chain
P2: $14
P3- $15
P4- $16

Northern California chain (I was in pharm school 2011-2015)
P1: 17.00/hr
P2: 18.50/hr
P3: ~20.00/hr
P4: 22.50/hr

Just be lucky Kroger is paying you as An intern.

Kroger:
P1- 12
P2- 14
P3-16
P4-18

Then when I became a P3, they maxed all interns at 14, preventing my $2 raise!

After I graduated, a girl I knew was an intern there for tech salary... Much worse.
I make $15.50 as a tech now with Fry's. I have been with the company for 5 years though. I guess I was just expecting more than a dollar raise.

I make $15.50 as a tech now with Fry's. I have been with the company for 5 years though. I guess I was just expecting more than a dollar raise.

100% guaranteed you will get more than a dollar.

Just be lucky Kroger is paying you as An intern.

Kroger:
P1- 12
P2- 14
P3-16
P4-18

Then when I became a P3, they maxed all interns at 14, preventing my $2 raise!

After I graduated, a girl I knew was an intern there for tech salary... Much worse.

If only you lived in Los Angeles, you could get $15/hr at McDonalds. Why work at Kroger?

Does anyone know if the pay rate for Kroger is negotiable or what percent of the rph salary the pharmacy grad intern rate is?

Does anyone know what Wal-Mart pays their P1 interns?

11.50 in midwest at chain (P1)