Pharmacy managers: how do you deal with your DM and immunization goals?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If any of you had your own businesses you would set targets based off of previous performance and the projected season- just like the chains do- or you would fail/underperform. It hurts me every time I hear about an independent that doesn't provide immunizations. A missed opportunity to drive their business and a missed opportunity to impact their patients.

Where we can agree is on the way the programs are managed, tee'd up and followed up on- in many cases THAT could use some improvement. I do believe, however, that if the patient care focus is evergreen in our pharmacies providing immunizations on a daily basis is not a challenge. It's when technicians and pharmacists have a problem with or cannot engage patients in the appropriate dialogue around the availability and appropriateness of immunizations that we run into trouble and targets seem insurmountable.

Members don't see this ad :)
If any of you had your own businesses you would set targets based off of previous performance and the projected season- just like the chains do- or you would fail/underperform. It hurts me every time I hear about an independent that doesn't provide immunizations. A missed opportunity to drive their business and a missed opportunity to impact their patients.

Where we can agree is on the way the programs are managed, tee'd up and followed up on- in many cases THAT could use some improvement. I do believe, however, that if the patient care focus is evergreen in our pharmacies providing immunizations on a daily basis is not a challenge. It's when technicians and pharmacists have a problem with or cannot engage patients in the appropriate dialogue around the availability and appropriateness of immunizations that we run into trouble and targets seem insurmountable.

It hurts you? It hurts our profession when we are turned into glorified drug reps. It hurts our patients when we give them vaccinations which are not necessary. Take for example the flu shot. The whole premise by which it is made is ridiculous. They go to China months before the virus arrives on our shore. They take 3 to 4 variants and make up the shot. I'm certain the virus doesn't mutate by the time it gets here. The CDC's own website acknowledges there is no VE established in persons over the age of 60. Then the corporate controlled media drums up stories about how it's going to be an especially bad flu season and there will be a shortage of flu vaccine. The sheeple then flock to their local pharmacy more out of fear than common sense. It is our job to educate them.

It hurts you? It hurts our profession when we are turned into glorified drug reps. It hurts our patients when we give them vaccinations which are not necessary. Take for example the flu shot. The whole premise by which it is made is ridiculous. They go to China months before the virus arrives on our shore. They take 3 to 4 variants and make up the shot. I'm certain the virus doesn't mutate by the time it gets here. The CDC's own website acknowledges there is no VE established in persons over the age of 60. Then the corporate controlled media drums up stories about how it's going to be an especially bad flu season and there will be a shortage of flu vaccine. The sheeple then flock to their local pharmacy more out of fear than common sense. It is our job to educate them.

Cant%20fix%20stupid.jpg

Reactions: 1 user