Pharmacy Score transfer/ License Reciprocation From NY to Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kyorochan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
Hope someone out there can answer this question
I am a pharmacist currently licensed in New York wanting to move to Georgia. Do I reciproate the license or transfer (or is the term used interchangeably?) Georgia also requires something call the 'web lab/ practical exam' in addition to the MPJE..does anyone know whether Georgia 'recognize' New York's compounding (Part III) exam? or would I need to take BOTH the MPJE and the Practical exam as well?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,
Hope someone out there can answer this question
I am a pharmacist currently licensed in New York wanting to move to Georgia. Do I reciproate the license or transfer (or is the term used interchangeably?) Georgia also requires something call the 'web lab/ practical exam' in addition to the MPJE..does anyone know whether Georgia 'recognize' New York's compounding (Part III) exam? or would I need to take BOTH the MPJE and the Practical exam as well?

Thanks
"License transfer/reciprocity applications are available through NABP’s Electronic Licensure Transfer Program (ELTP). Reciprocity applicants must also take and pass the MPJE, administered by NABP and the Georgia practical, administered by the Georgia Board of Pharmacy."

http://gbp.georgia.gov/pharmacy-and-pharmacist-faqs

about the wet lab
I recently took the wet lab exam. I find it very subjective, it is gear toward Georgia graduate. Most especially the compounding if not bias. E & O - Either get it right or wrong, Patient care module, so long as you able to find so many number of wrong thing then you are fine. The compounding doesn't really test your compounding skill. It more so test how you divide, add and subtract. As long you understand your compounding from pharmacy school you should be fine. Just don't make a mistake in your calculation. I find it crazy, you should be able to use a calculator. where can't you use a calculator this days??? 20th century, not preschool!!! I feel it is a way of a GA board of pharmacy making extra money. Pharmacy school are taking in more student, hard to find job after graduating. Pharmacist are work hard without any benefits. It is not a difficult exam if you study. Just pray you have the right person review you exam (compounding). Be careful to review your multiplication/division skills lo. If they really want to test your compounding skill you should be allowed to use a calculator. It will have been nice to see some diversity in those who grade the exam. it is also long exam. expect your whole day gone. Offered only three times a year. The board of pharmacy should do something about this. If you are going to make an exam universe, please think about everyone.
Again it not a difficult exam, it is just a subjective one. In my opinion i don't think it is fairly graded. How you do on compounding depend on how the person who grades you feels about you. S

=

Members don't see this ad :)
Totally agree with previous post. This was how I felt about the exam and I was going to post something similar. I've actually been practicing for over 10 years, and flunked this exam. I had no issues with the compounding or E & O, but failed the counseling, give me a break. This exam is totally subjective and you are at the mercy of your interviewer. Pray that you get someone that isn't "biased".

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with the last two comments. I took the test March 19. I think it really depends who you get to grade you. I've been a pharmacist for 11 years and practicing retail. I was 37 weeks pregnant while taking the test. I Definitely had pregnancy brain. They also had me wait a long time to see a board member to score. I was the fourth to last to be seen. I passed E&O and patient profile but failed compounding. Don't get why we can't use a calculator. In the real word we have to triple check our answers. How do we do that without the help of calculator to save time. Two compounds in one hour. What I don't understand is that they give you an overall average score for all three parts but yet you have to pass each test with a 70. Well I got 90 on E&O and 100 on patient profile. Got a 60 on compounding. Yet they gave me average score of 83 for all three test. I say I passed then. Now I have to take the test all over again. All three exams! Sucks! I say they should just let you take the part you failed. Now I have a newborn baby and toddler to care for and have no time to study . Debating whether to take it in June or wait until August.