About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PharmCAS Mailing Question

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by PharmLife4Me, Jun 22, 2013.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. PharmLife4Me

PharmLife4Me

Pharmacy Student

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Hello!
    I am applying for Early Decision and have already finished my PharmCAS application and e-submitted it. When I talked to the lady at PharmCAS, she said that the mailing cycle for both regular admission and early decision starts in August and this is when they will mail them to the designated pharmacy schools. My question is, my pharmacy school said that they will not have access to the application until July.... What exactly does this mean? Will they be able to look at what I have submitted and offer an interview if they find me competitive? I guess I really don't understand the difference between them being able to look at them once e-submitted and when PharmCAS mails them out. Can anyone clear this up for me? Thanks!
  2. cuddlefish78

cuddlefish78

Pre-Pharmacy
    When they say mail they don't mean snail mail. It is e-mailed. I was told they "mail" twice a week.
  3. PharmLife4Me

PharmLife4Me

Pharmacy Student
    Can schools access your application before it is actually "mailed"?
  4. nomad339

nomad339

Pharmacy Student
    Yes, schools are able to view your application through the PharmCAS system right away.
  5. PharmLife4Me

PharmLife4Me

Pharmacy Student
    So, why would they say they can't access it until July? Would that just be their date they set and or preference to start looking at them?
  6. nomad339

nomad339

Pharmacy Student
    I would think that would be the case, as they are more concerned with finalizing the roster of the incoming class (ie last second drops, notifying waitlisted students) and not yet worried about the next cycle.
  7. PharmLife4Me

PharmLife4Me

Pharmacy Student
    That makes sense.. Probably why they won't look at them until July.