PhD Pharmacology seeks MD admission eligibility

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pat2k11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have a 4 year Bachelors degree in Pharmacy from India. An M.Sc. in Clinical Pharmacology from the University of Aberdeen UK and a PhD in Clinical Pharmacology from the University of Sunderland, UK. I have 5 years of oncology research experience. I have spent the last 4 years at NIH, Baltimore doing brain cancer research and have 12 publications. I wanted to find out if I am eligible to apply to MD programs since I have never attended school in the US. Does anybody have any answers ??

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,
I have a 4 year Bachelors degree in Pharmacy from India. An M.Sc. in Clinical Pharmacology from the University of Aberdeen UK and a PhD in Clinical Pharmacology from the University of Sunderland, UK. I have 5 years of oncology research experience. I have spent the last 4 years at NIH, Baltimore doing brain cancer research and have 12 publications. I wanted to find out if I am eligible to apply to MD programs since I have never attended school in the US. Does anybody have any answers ??

Financing of the 4-year MD-program is difficult. Tuition and fees for a non-US resident/citizen are fairly high (150 - 250 K for the program). A non-PR/US citizen would not be eligible for government-backed loans.

Can you get in? Probably... Your best bet, however, is to go to medical school at a commonwealth nations (England, Ireland, Scotland or Canada), then apply for residency with/without research track in the US.