Philadelphia Residencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

MrWonderful

Hi all. I would like to stay in the NE area, specifically Philly, for residency. Luckily between south jersey and Philly there are several residencies around here so I was wondering if somebody could review them for me. I've checked past threads and really only saw mention of Jefferson, but never saw anything about Temple, Einstein, Penn, Drexel, Etc.. If anybody has any insight or is actually there, I'd love to hear more about the pros/cons, a typical day, graduate placement, etc. websites are sort of limited in info.

Appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

I have no insight into Philly programs. I just wanted to say Yay, Philly!

(I'm moving back there in a week).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought I saw a few reviews in the stickies for Temple. Maybe that was the ROL threads.

Members don't see this ad :)
That took 3 minutes

I also wrote a review of Drexel in the 2012-13 interview review thread. I wasn't a big fan for various reasons, which I detailed there, but others may like it - if I remember correctly, I think I ranked it last on a list of 17 (if I didn't rank it last, I should have in retrospect).

Penn has a great reputation for obvious reasons and is probably the best overall program in Philly.

I like TJ because they have a psych-based sleep program and that's an interest of mine.

I only interviewed at Penn in Philadelphia, it seemed to have a good work/life balance, front loaded in terms of call, good outpatient supervision, limited child psychiatry exposure, and poor inpatient/consult supervision. If you are set on Philadelphia, it probably offers the best overall training in the area although I have also heard Temple and Jeff grads have no problems finding jobs or landing fellowships. Good Luck!