Phoenix Az Job Wanted...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Khalid

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
(I posted this on the main board as well, but thought I'd post it here too if allowed)

Hey all, I thought I'd throw this out there and see if any of you private practice folks have any insight for me:

Maybe I should start with what I'm looking for--a democratic group with a 1-2 yr. partnership track with shared call, paid malpractice, 5-8 wks vacation, retirement, insurance, etc...(this is roughly what I'm finding everywhere else in the US)

However, having spoken to several "groups" in and around Phoenix, they all seem to be very Fee-for-Service oriented--300k-350k, no guranteed contracts with hospitals, no malpractice, no insurance, limited or no paid vacation, no retirement. The "groups" appear to be more confederations of convenience more than egalitarian groups.

I know alot of you on the board like this "eat what you kill", mercenary mentality, but does anyone know why there are no "traditional" groups in the Valley of the Sun like I seem to find everywhere else in the country???

Do they exist or am I just not looking in the right places???

Members don't see this ad.

This is good. Nobody rips you off for 1-3 years before making you a "partner". In turn, you don't rip off new arrivals in the future. This system is common all over the west. YOU get paid for the work YOU do. No more and no less.

Reactions: 1 user
This is good. Nobody rips you off for 1-3 years before making you a "partner". In turn, you don't rip off new arrivals in the future. This system is common all over the west. YOU get paid for the work YOU do. No more and no less.

Also recommend you look up the Chandler group. They are great people.

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe...

but with an outrageuous housing market to buy into, no paid malpractice, no paid insurance, no paid vacation, an intense HMO envronment, plus bycycling from hospital-to-hospital and often having to be a surgeons "approved list"--it all seems very daunting to me. In addition, it doesn't sound very collegial...

Why has the West developed in such a unique way compared to the rest of the country???

Apparently, I'm not the only one who feels this way, because there is supposedly a shortage of anesthesiologists in the Phoenix area (two of the groups are having the hospitals foot the bill for the interviews because of the perceived shortage)

Oh yeah, thanks for the heads-up on the Chandler group :)

Friend of mine just signed with Camelback Anesthesia in Phoenix. Anyone know if it's a good group or not? He's a good guy and I don't want him to get screwed over on this one.

Friend of mine just signed with Camelback Anesthesia in Phoenix. Anyone know if it's a good group or not? He's a good guy and I don't want him to get screwed over on this one.

I've heard about this Camelback group.
How is your friend liking it so far?

I've heard about this Camelback group.
How is your friend liking it so far?

It's been a few months since I spoke to him, but he was enjoying it immensely. However, you better know your cardiac and pediatric anesthesia because you will do a lot of both.

I haven't seen any updates on this since 2008. I saw camelback anesthesia group is hiring some new anesthesiologists. Anyone have updated information on the group? And if the Chandler group is still a good group?

As far as I know, Chandler is still a solid group. Work hard/play hard mentality/lifestyle. It’s been a number of years since I talked to those guys however. But, if I was looking to move to the surface of the sun, they are who I would reach out to first.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know the about the groups in Tucson, particularly the SAA group. They seem to be hiring a lot on gas works. Just curious what the cons of this group is ?

I am from AZ looking to go back. Currently a CA2. Anyone with contacts or insight feel free to PM me! Open to anywhere a few hours drive from Phx

Anyone know the about the groups in Tucson, particularly the SAA group. They seem to be hiring a lot on gas works. Just curious what the cons of this group is ?

Good lifestyle group I would say. Low call. Good vaca. Part time option. Not a great payor mix. I think they are no longer MD only and may have hired or plan to hire CRNAs (not sure). I have had several friends in that group and interviewed there a long time ago. Some still there, some not there any longer. 2 groups under one umbrella as i recall.

I am from AZ looking to go back. Currently a CA2. Anyone with contacts or insight feel free to PM me! Open to anywhere a few hours drive from Phx

Chandler. All MD. Work hard/play hard. Good payer mix. Good money. Tough schedule when you’re working.

Is arizona still envision heavy? I thought envision fell apart down there ???