phone message from northwestern dean

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

onihr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was waitlisted at Northwestern and received a phone message from the dean requesting that I call her back. Does anyone know whether this is good, bad, or neutral news?

Members don't see this ad.

onihr said:
I was waitlisted at Northwestern and received a phone message from the dean requesting that I call her back. Does anyone know whether this is good, bad, or neutral news?

you are most probably accepted. :)

It's probably awful news. Haven't you heard? They're rejecting people over the phone. If you are not available at the time of the call, you must call them back to hear the rejection first hand.

Members don't see this ad :)
doctorkojo said:
It's probably awful news. Haven't you heard? They're rejecting people over the phone. If you are not available at the time of the call, you must call them back to hear the rejection first hand.

:laugh:

congrats onihr!

I regret that I must again reveal my cynical nature, but does anyone else find it funny when people who are accepted to high-ranking schools ask questions that are, well, of the low-ranking variety?

Is it the neurotic nature of these aspiring applicants, or is it something much deeper, and potentially more comical, that the adcoms have failed to recognize?

doctorkojo said:

Normaly I hate sarcasm but that was hella funnny. Congrats to the OP, it is not often that the Dean of admissions calls someone congrats again. :luck: :luck: :luck:

Oh man! You missed the "you are accepted!" phone call... sorry it's a one shot deal, now they'll just have to give it away to someone else.

J/K!!! No one in the universe would be that cruel! You were undoubtedly accepted! Congrats!!!! :thumbup:

onihr said:

CONGRATS! :thumbup: :D