Photosynthesis, evolution, ecology, taxonomy removed????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Prepharm0425

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so according to there website their are no questions on nonhuman biology that include plants and animals. But does that mean we don't need to know Evolution or Ecology or any other topics listed above. I called to ask about this and the Pearson agent that picked up the phone made it clear that she cannot say what can and cannot be on the exam other than what is listed on their website, all she said was no Non Human Biology. What is it that all of you out there studying for the July PCAT doing? Are you guys studying the non human topics like evolution and photosynthesis or are you guys just focusing on what is clear that we need to study? I'm really curious cause I want to know if I should study them or not.

Members don't see this ad.

I did.

I know there are questions about protein, lipid, and DNA. But do you guys know how deep it is?

Okay, so according to there website their are no questions on nonhuman biology that include plants and animals. But does that mean we don't need to know Evolution or Ecology or any other topics listed above. I called to ask about this and the Pearson agent that picked up the phone made it clear that she cannot say what can and cannot be on the exam other than what is listed on their website, all she said was no Non Human Biology. What is it that all of you out there studying for the July PCAT doing? Are you guys studying the non human topics like evolution and photosynthesis or are you guys just focusing on what is clear that we need to study? I'm really curious cause I want to know if I should study them or not.
I'm not studying those topics... if you look up the PCAT Blueprint 2012-2013, it clearly indicates that Ecology, Plants, Algae, Fungi and Animals will be covered on 0% of the exam. Hope this helps.

If you take the official PCAT practice tests you'll see that non-human is not tested. I decided to buy the tests because all of my study guides still have non-human sciences on them, even though they are titled for 2012-2013.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not studying those topics... if you look up the PCAT Blueprint 2012-2013, it clearly indicates that Ecology, Plants, Algae, Fungi and Animals will be covered on 0% of the exam. Hope this helps.

does it mean that animal behavior is out of pcat in july 2012

I can't say with 100% certainty, but I am pretty sure animal behavior WILL NOT be tested as animals are omitted for the july and future pcat exams

does it mean that animal behavior is out of pcat in july 2012

I can't say with 100% certainty, but I am pretty sure animal behavior WILL NOT be tested as animals are omitted for the july and future pcat exams

Last edited:
what are you guys using to study the new "health" pcat topic? (including nutrition, diseases and drugs)??

I took my first practice test and just like the two posters above have said, they actually reflect what has been stated at their website. I ran into one non human biology problem, and it was asking about a plant cell in comparison to an animal cell, but other than that there were no other questions on animals and plants, and there were no questions on ecology, and evolution. As far as drugs and health are concerned there were a few questions that specifically test your knowledge of biology to understand what a certain action a drug would do, and for health if you understand the material, then you can answer the question.