Physician Gun owners?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Bravo, here are his thoughts:

30-06 is the most versatile option (for both small or large game.) He has a Weatherby vanguard series 2 rifle because of the quality… sub MOA guaranteed at 100 yards. There are others less expensive (Teeka, for example)

As far as glass, he likes Vortex (his is a Viper HS 4-16 x 50) and Athelon. Your scope will depend on your anticipated range (Elk vs deer type distance). And this is now waaay out of my league…

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
If you want a single versatile caliber, go .270 WIN.
If you feel the urge to up the knock down, custom load.
.30-06 has too much recoil and if you start flinching you'll be less likely to hit anything.
I'm a .308 WIN person, but if I had to start fresh, I'd focus on .270 WIN

I keep my freezer full.

Reactions: 1 user
I keep my freezer full.

But do you have something in the bathroom, just in case

kbm0iqvoiuc71.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Sweet looking gun! Can that be mounted with a scope?

Yes, its factory drilled for scope mounts. There are other fancier versions, but they don't come in .270 WIN but this one does. There is an ornate version of this one called "white gold medallion" and another "white gold medallion" version with a maple stock.

This is not meant to be a political discussion on gun control. Please don't make it into that.

I am sure there are folks here who have guns at home. My question is, is there anything different than physicians need to take into consideration when purchasing a gun? Is there any specific types of legal mess we can get into with the medical board?

I always think of how DUIs, while a big deal in general, disproportionately affect physicians because of reporting to the medical board and possibly resulting in suspension and loss of your livelihood. Psychiatric medication use, also something that can get individuals in trouble. Do guns pose any unique challenges? Or is it as simple as: if you don't get charged with a felony, you don't have to worry about it?
No way you'll have issues for owning a gun any more than for owning a car. Improper use of the object in question will bury you though

Reactions: 1 user