General Admissions & OTCAS Physiology at UCLA Extension?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lao27746

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking "Fundamentals of Physiology" at UCLA Extension, and have heard that some SoCal OT schools don't accept this course. I didn't realize but there are two physiology courses offered at this Extension, including "Introduction to Human Physiology" and "Fundamentals of Human Physiology". Have any of you taken one of these courses at UCLA Extension? I'm currently taking Fundamentals of Human Physiology but I'm worried that it won't satisfy the course requirements for admissions into a program.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm taking "Fundamentals of Physiology" at UCLA Extension, and have heard that some SoCal OT schools don't accept this course. I didn't realize but there are two physiology courses offered at this Extension, including "Introduction to Human Physiology" and "Fundamentals of Human Physiology". Have any of you taken one of these courses at UCLA Extension? I'm currently taking Fundamentals of Human Physiology but I'm worried that it won't satisfy the course requirements for admissions into a program.
Every program will be different. I think your best bet is to email the programs you are interested in and ask if they will accept the course you are taking to fulfill their physio prereq. Just include the syllabus and full course title/number.