Pi Delta Mu?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

krabmas

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone either in pod school or out know what Pi Delta Mu is?

At NYCPM it is the service fraternity that people are elected into based on a point system just before graduation then awarded at graduation.

We seem to have lost the point system. I was wondering if anyone else knew the criteria or else we will have to make it up all over again.

Thanks for any help.

Members don't see this ad.

krabmas said:
Does anyone either in pod school or out know what Pi Delta Mu is?

At NYCPM it is the service fraternity that people are elected into based on a point system just before graduation then awarded at graduation.

We seem to have lost the point system. I was wondering if anyone else knew the criteria or else we will have to make it up all over again.

Thanks for any help.

Are you referring to the Pi Delta National Honor Society at the Podiatry Schools? Pi Delta is the National Podiatric Honor Society demonstrating high standards of intellectual and scholarly activity. I was a member of the Pi Delta Society at TUSPM. Pi Delta Mu could be the Pi Delta National Honor Society - Mu Chapter. However, NYCPM also has a Pi Mu Delta Society that is the National (Service) Podiatry Honor Society. If you are referring to Pi Mu Delta, I am not familiar with it since it does not exist at TUSPM.

dpmgrad said:
Are you referring to the Pi Delta National Honor Society at the Podiatry Schools? Pi Delta is the National Podiatric Honor Society demonstrating high standards of intellectual and scholarly activity. I was a member of the Pi Delta Society at TUSPM. Pi Delta Mu could be the Pi Delta National Honor Society - Mu Chapter. However, NYCPM also has a Pi Mu Delta Society that is the National (Service) Podiatry Honor Society. If you are referring to Pi Mu Delta, I am not familiar with it since it does not exist at TUSPM.
We have Pi Delta at DMU but I am not familiar with Pi Delta Mu.

Members don't see this ad :)
jonwill said:
We have Pi Delta at DMU but I am not familiar with Pi Delta Mu.

I know that all of the Podiatry schools, except for AZPOD, have Pi Delta Honor Society. If AZPOD does not have one yet, I am sure that they will have one soon.

It is the Pi Mu Delta. Maybe I really am dislexic. JK.

THanks for the responses though. Even the people voted into the service frat would not know the criteria because they do not vote on it.

The student council is supposed to have a list of criteria with point values - it is lost so we will have to come up with new criteria and points.

dpmgrad said:
I was a member of the Pi Delta Society at TUSPM.

do you sign up for that or are you elected into it? and when does this happen?

nirvani said:
do you sign up for that or are you elected into it? and when does this happen?

At TUSPM, you have to be elected into Pi Delta Honor Society. The criteria that is used for selecting new Pi Delta members is that the candidate must have completed 50% of the scholastic work applicable toward the degree granted by TUSPM with a scholastic average of at least 90 or its equivalent. I did not get an invitation for Pi Delta until towards the end of my third year at TUSPM. When you graduate from TUSPM, you will get a certificate denoting that you are graduating with Pi Delta Honor Society distinction.

There is another honor society at TUSPM where you get elected into during begining of your second year. That society is known as the Stirling Harford Honoary Anatomical Society. The criterias for Striling Harford are as follows:
1. Candidate must achieve a final cumulative average of at least 90 in General Anatomy, Lower Extremity Anatomy, Neuroanatomy and Histology, with no single anatomy course grade below an 88.
2. Candidates shall attain a passing grade in all other subjects during the first year.
3. Repeating students shall not be eligible for membership in the Society.
4. Candidates shall express, in writing, their desire for membership in the Society in response to an invitation from the Society.

^thanks for the info :)