Pigeons taking our jobs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
But can they recognize FEA?

On that day I'll stop hunting them and eating their delicious, bacon-wrapped breasts.

This has been the most overhyped, nonsense story in the past year. I am getting sick of hearing it. It's worse than the dogs smelling cancer, at least that had some interesting side points.

Members don't see this ad :)
I mean for crying out loud, "In other words, in less than a month, pigeons picked up a skill that takes an inexperienced human observer considerable training to master. Let that sink in for a moment."

You know who else can distinguish benign from malignant really quickly? It does not take considerable training to distinguish obviously benign breast from obviously malignant breast. It takes about 30 seconds. Anyone who starts looking at slides figures it out. It's not like they're showing pigeons sclerosing adenosis and ductal cancer and asking them the difference. Give me a break.

That story is really just the kind of stupid sensationalism that litters the so-called news and TV "edutainment" programs that are out there.

Phew. At least it says we are still the gold standard.