Program-Specific Info / Q's Pitt Prereqs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDocOfOT

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows how set-in-stone Pitt is with their rule that all pre-reqs must be finished at the time of application? I am taking anatomy this semester and physiology next semester, so I won't be done with everything until May. I know with some other schools (particularly OSU) there are sometimes loopholes, i.e. if your school only offers anatomy in the fall/physiology in the spring, it's actually okay to not have them all finished at the time of application...

I've been meaning to email them about this, and probably will sometime this week, but I was wondering if anyone on here had any input/knowledge on this? I love the city of Pittsburgh and have family in the area, so I'd love to apply! Just have a feeling I won't be able to.

Members don't see this ad.

I am having the same issue! I finished all of my pre reqs except for statistics; I took AP statistics in high school, but Pitt does not accept AP credit for some reason. I still applied anyway because I also love the school and the city of Pittsburgh, but I will probably email admissions as well to see if there are any exceptions.

I am having the same issue! I finished all of my pre reqs except for statistics; I took AP statistics in high school, but Pitt does not accept AP credit for some reason. I still applied anyway because I also love the school and the city of Pittsburgh, but I will probably email admissions as well to see if there are any exceptions.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one! I'm going to email them tonight, I'll let you know if I hear anything!

Reactions: 1 user

Here is the response they gave me!

"The Admission Committee typically doesn’t make a decision on an application until they see the final grades for prerequisite coursework. That said, they do make exceptions at times, if a student has a strong application and is completing a prerequisite in the spring. In this case they may extend an offer of admission but it will be contingent on successful completion of the prerequisite with a grade of B or higher. We will review all applications submitted and treat each on a case by case basis."

So, I think I might still give it a shot and apply in December once I'm finished with anatomy and then only have physiology left to go

Reactions: 1 user