Pitt second look weekend?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reggae girl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know a couple of people responded in previous threads that they might be be going to 2nd look weekend but since we're a little over a week away, I was wondering how many SDNers are definitely going.

Members don't see this ad.

reggae girl said:
I know a couple of people responded in previous threads that they might be be going to 2nd look weekend but since we're a little over a week away, I was wondering how many SDNers are definitely going.

I am defenitely going.....cant wait!!!!

reggae girl said:

I'm going...you will know it's me because I'm so darn LOUD! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Are we randomly assigned med students on the Friday that we arrive or will we know beforehand who we'll be staying with?

reggae girl said:
Are we randomly assigned med students on the Friday that we arrive or will we know beforehand who we'll be staying with?

for those of us hosting, an email was sent out today saying that we would get our hostee info on monday. i am not sure if you get to find out or not. i would assume so.

reggae girl said:

I just received a congratulatory email from the student interviewer (who was soooo cool!)...she said that she is pretty sure she's hosting me.

I also got an email from the woman organizing the hosts/hostees and she said she would be sending out an email (with info re: hosts, etc) to the prospective students next week (Monday to be exact).

I'm coming for the weekend but not sure if I am going to go to Pitt in the end. We'll see but I was impressed with it when I interviewed. See you all soon :)

PMinty44 said:
I just received a congratulatory email from the student interviewer (who was soooo cool!)...she said that she is pretty sure she's hosting me.
I also got an email from the woman organizing the hosts/hostees and she said she would be sending out an email (with info re: hosts, etc) to the prospective students next week (Monday to be exact).

Thanks for the info pminty. I'm still deciding on going since it'll pretty much mean another day off from work. But I'll look out for the loudness if I make it :laugh:

Hey, I just checked the weather forecast for Pitt this upcoming week and I noticed that it will be raining/snowing all day Friday and Saturday. Is anyone else hesitant about visiting (especially for those of you who're driving)?

For current Pitt students, is the city really good with cleaning up or will I be slipping and sliding on uncleaned streets. Thanks.

Kateroni18 said:
I'll definitely be going to the second look weekend...see yinz there!

Shout out to the pittsburgheez ....we will be drinking pop and using gumbands :p

reggae girl said:
Hey, I just checked the weather forecast for Pitt this upcoming week and I noticed that it will be raining/snowing all day Friday and Saturday. Is anyone else hesitant about visiting (especially for those of you who're driving)?

For current Pitt students, is the city really good with cleaning up or will I be slipping and sliding on uncleaned streets. Thanks.

I'm driving there and I'm not worried about it. I have always lived in snowy places and have 4-wheel drive. However, if you're worried about it and live anywhere between Boston and Pittsburgh, I'm happy to pick you up on my way to/from there.

reggae girl said:

the city is pretty good about clearing the snow, although i don't really think it will be an issue this coming weekend. this past week it was 70 and now it is 35 (crazy). i think over the course of this coming week, we will have weather in the 50s. if it does snow during second look, it will most likely be flurries that won't stick. driving definitely won't be a problem.

Thanks for the offer ads99 but I'll be coming from Maryland. And thanks for the heads up jrmgarbage.