Plan to come on Public Health from Ind

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saguaro

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
All,
I'm a dentisit in India with 4 years of experience after BDS. I plan to come to U.S for Public Health and need help with
(1) Short list of universities which are good from ease of admission, Visa and Fee (given descent TOEFL - 260/GRE - 1230)
(2) Admission cycle

Your help would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

hey welcome to the club, you need to do a lot of research for information ,and your in the right place , ull find ever thing here ,
first of all dont limit ur self to public health , it is not the only option , actually there are many better once , for example MBA healthcare , hospital administration, etc, so keep ur options open, public health is better for midicos.

are you looking for a career in public health or plan to do dds as well, , if you are interested only in public health , i am sorry , for my stupid advice , go ahead with it.
some universities that i know of who offer good funding are university of north carolina, uni of kentuky, uni of southern kentuky, chech out the web sites,

the visa should not be a problem, its plain luck , try to get it in delhi they say it has a better chance then chennai,

ur gre is great , u might consider improving on the toefl ( dont mind ) as u might be in a better postion for funding and assistant ship posts here .

the best time for the admission and the visa is the fall (august) but it is not the only time as it is far now u can try for thr spring , see the application dead lines befoe hand at least have 4 weeks more than the dead lne mentioned due to the postal delays from india, and then best of luck
sarat
saguaro said:
All,
I'm a dentisit in India with 4 years of experience after BDS. I plan to come to U.S for Public Health and need help with
(1) Short list of universities which are good from ease of admission, Visa and Fee (given descent TOEFL - 260/GRE - 1230)
(2) Admission cycle

Your help would be appreciated.

The info you gave definitely helps get a better idea on how to go about it.

Yes, I plan to ultimately do DDS and am looking for ways to overcome the visa hurdle. I learnt through some contacts about Public Health.

(1) Do you know if there are restrictions about completing the PH course or doing at least 2 sems before moving on to DDS?

(2) I'm planning to come to US on the best option (MPH or MBA etc) by July 05 and take Part 1 by Aug and apply for DDS by end of Aug.

(3) My sis is ready to co sign for the loan. Do you have any lender info?

Again, thank you very much for the support