planned courses in pharmcas app?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kies89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning to take some courses only if schools require those classes invite or accept me.

For example, i have not taken microeconomics. I only took macroeconomics and some schools take macros instead of micro. (some only allow micro)

in this case, should i just leave it as it is? or list microeconomics on planned courses?

some schools also require me to take one Human A&P course but some dont ( i took 2 quarter courses, did not take the 3rd one but some schools require year long A&P)

these schools do not overlap though. (schools require micro econ and A&P)
if i list planned courses, DO I MUST TAKE THEM? or it is just planned may or may not be taking courses?

Members don't see this ad.

-if its a required course by that university and you haven't taken it and haven't listed it as a "planned course", they will contact you and tell you that your application is not complete. basically you wouldn't have an interview with them until you fixed that
-if you listed it as a planned course and later decide to not take it, you HAVE to notify the school. they assume you are going to follow your "planned schedule"...if you don't notify them of any changes to your schedule, they have the option to reverse their decision if you are accepted

-if its a required course by that university and you haven't taken it and haven't listed it as a "planned course", they will contact you and tell you that your application is not complete. basically you wouldn't have an interview with them until you fixed that
-if you listed it as a planned course and later decide to not take it, you HAVE to notify the school. they assume you are going to follow your "planned schedule"...if you don't notify them of any changes to your schedule, they have the option to reverse their decision if you are accepted

So you won't even get an interview if you don't list the required course for the school under "planned course"?

Also, say I listed course A (a requirement for COP1) and course B (a requirement for COP2). If I get an acceptance for COP1, then I won't have to notify them if I decide not to take course B since it's not a prereq for COP1 correct?

Members don't see this ad :)

okay so is it safe to put all for planned for now?
because if i do get into schools do not require microecon, i will not take it. but if i dont, i will wait for other schools

So you won't even get an interview if you don't list the required course for the school under "planned course"?

Also, say I listed course A (a requirement for COP1) and course B (a requirement for COP2). If I get an acceptance for COP1, then I won't have to notify them if I decide not to take course B since it's not a prereq for COP1 correct?
They should contact you and say that you haven't fulfilled their prereqs. They won't review your file until all prereqs are accounted for...so no, you won't get an interview until then

All COP's will see your planned courses. Even if its not a requirement for them, they expect that you will follow through with your plan and take it. So if you got accepted for COP1 and course B isn't a prereq for them, but you still listed it as "planned", then yes you would have to notify them and say there is a change to your course plan

Reactions: 1 user
okay so is it safe to put all for planned for now?
because if i do get into schools do not require microecon, i will not take it. but if i dont, i will wait for other schools
If you got into the school that doesn't require microecon, you would still have to notify them that you are no longer taking micro

Reactions: 1 user
If this is true, i would have 8-10 classes listed as planned for my winter semester. Can anyone confirm this? All three schools i am applying too require different classes.