Pleaaase help me guys :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ashyyyjayyy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so i am applying to an irish dental school and was hoping if you guys would consider me competitive: I am currently a second year undergrad studying towards a BSc in Biology

The schools (UCC and TCD) requires high school grades, undergrad grades, 2 reference letters and a personal statement. No DAT or interview

My personal statement (if you want to look at it i can send it), reference letters, as well as my ECs are DECENT (volunteering mostly)

My stats for my undergrad are: oGPA= 3.764 and BCPM GPA= 3.89 (bio, chem, phys, math)

High school: overall average= 84.5 percent

Grade 12 average: about 86 percent

I am dying of stress just thinking about this and thought this would be a good coping mechanism.. :(

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, so i am applying to an irish dental school and was hoping if you guys would consider me competitive: I am currently a second year undergrad studying towards a BSc in Biology

The schools (UCC and TCD) requires high school grades, undergrad grades, 2 reference letters and a personal statement. No DAT or interview

My personal statement (if you want to look at it i can send it), reference letters, as well as my ECs are DECENT (volunteering mostly)

My stats for my undergrad are: oGPA= 3.764 and BCPM GPA= 3.89 (bio, chem, phys, math)

High school: overall average= 84.5 percent

Grade 12 average: about 86 percent

I am dying of stress just thinking about this and thought this would be a good coping mechanism.. :(

Hey although I'm not too familiar with the competitiveness of Irish dental schools I can totally help you look at your personal statement and give you some thoughts on it!

It looks like you're doing well though, keep your chin up and keep working on it! :)

Hey just out of curiosity, how come you are applying to Irish schools and not American Schools? Unless you are from Ireland then I'm sorry for my question being dumb!

Members don't see this ad :)
it is one of the schools that you can apply to without having a bachelors degree! I am not aware if there is one in the states, is there?

Correct me if I am wrong someone, but I believe you can apply to almost all American dental schools without having a bachelors or plan on getting one. You only need like 90 semester credits as an undergraduate at an accredited University in America or Canada.

oh yes true, I should have phrased that differently, I am only 2nd year so i dont have 90 credits nor most of the pre requisites required

i think doing one more year and getting those 90 credits is really only gonna benefit you because dental school is much harder than any undergraduate class....maybe you should really think about this before you set your mind on the irish school....afterall, you're only gonna study to be a dentist once right? so why not be as prepared as you can before you jump into it....just my thoughts!

Yeah i understand completely, i personally think i am mentally prepared for dental school, i know its 2-3 times more workload than undergrad but i believe i have the study skills and the eagerness to succeed! Thank you though :)