please answer!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dent29

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am planning on going to the carribean to study dentistry. Dominican Republic has a dental program at UCE. does anybody here knows about the school?? how is their dental program? is it hard? how is the school overall? I am already studying for my boards and haven't even started the dental program, i heard is a hard test.

Thinking Ahead :D !!!

After finishing a dental degree in the carribean, and getting a good score on your dental boards. You want to practice in the US. but they require that you do two years. Do schools mostly look at the grade on the boards or mostly GPA?

Members don't see this ad.

dent29 said:
i am planning on going to the carribean to study dentistry. Dominican Republic has a dental program at UCE. does anybody here knows about the school?? how is their dental program? is it hard? how is the school overall? I am already studying for my boards and haven't even started the dental program, i heard is a hard test.

Thinking Ahead :D !!!

After finishing a dental degree in the carribean, and getting a good score on your dental boards. You want to practice in the US. but they require that you do two years. Do schools mostly look at the grade on the boards or mostly GPA?

Just so you know.... the competition to get into an IDP program is much harder than to get into regular DDS programs here in the US. Which means that what you're planning on doing is a waste of time. It's going to take you longer to become licensed here in the US trough the off shore way, than if you go ahead, get your college requirements and apply to a regular DDS prgoram.

Oh, btw, UCE is not good, but don't worry, there are worst.

Good night and good luck.

Meggs said:
Just so you know.... the competition to get into an IDP program is much harder than to get into regular DDS programs here in the US. Which means that what you're planning on doing is a waste of time. It's going to take you longer to become licensed here in the US trough the off shore way, than if you go ahead, get your college requirements and apply to a regular DDS prgoram.

Oh, btw, UCE is not good, but don't worry, there are worst.

Good night and good luck.

Thank you for the advice, i think i will stay in the US. Has anyone here gotten into Dental school in the US. with only 90 credits and the prerequisites, not a bachelors.??