please don't yell...i really don't know!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Quynh2007

the oracle of destiny
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Quynh2007 said:
over winter break i went to UF to visit my bf. while there, i help raised money for two of their spring break projects. although i'm not a florida resident (ny resident) would that show UF i would like to go there when i apply in the future (i plan on helping out next year again...i'm applying in 2006 for entering 2007)? i know this year's class had NO out-of-stater, and UF doesn't like out-of-stater too much. as my stats thus far (although improving) are mediocre at best, I wonder if i would ever even have a chance there. any ideas? thanks.

Well, probably not. Showing up for a few days to do some work on the campus doesn't really show that you necessarily want to go there, just as attending undergrad there for four years doesn't either. Beyond that, being a qualified candidate is more important than wanting to go there. I want to go to Harvard, and I like Boston, but that didn't prevent me from getting rejected. Nonetheless, if you knock their socks off, you may get in. Good luck! :luck:

Yeah, not really gonna help. Maybe you can talk about it on the application, about helping out there and about what impressed you of the school, but don't expect a big boost.

Members don't see this ad :)
there is no room for explanations on their application

btw: do they give rejections only by email...i am ignoring that in my inbox..is it true?

Last edited: