Please Evaluate my plan!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jumb0

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just graduated from college, and I have absolutely no commitments now. No job, no internship, no classes, no volunteering, etc. I am signed up to take the MCAT on October 25, 2014, and my only duty is to prepare for it. I will begin volunteering at a local hospital in a few weeks, but only up to 10 hours a week. The rest of the time will be purely devoted to MCAT prep. Furthermore, I plan on taking two classes at a local college starting in September as part of my DIY post-bacc effort. These classes will be retakes of Chem 1 and Bio 2, so they will be A) a piece of cake, and B) potentially a nice supplement to my MCAT preparation.

2 Questions:
  • I will be using SN2ed's 4-month MCAT prep schedule. Is this a good choice given my situation?
  • I don't plan on applying until Summer 2016. Will my October 2014 score still be valid then? I talked to my Pre-health advisor at my university, and she basically said that no one knows...She said the medical schools are guaranteeing it will count in 2015 apps, but are not saying anything about 2016 and beyond...

Members don't see this ad.