Please help, faslely accused of cheating in exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pathfinder5002

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
delete.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I guess try to get a video of your computer with this issue happening

Members don't see this ad :)
You're going to need to document that this is a recurring problem with your laptop, and perhaps even have a IT person pull whatever logs there are to show what file was open at what time.

You do bear some responsibility in not getting this fixed, and/or using a different computer for the exam.

I was accused of cheating the online exam. My laptop has issues of unpredictablly spontaneously loading most recent opened PDF files, other softwares.

Right after the first exam, I reported this issue to the instructor and requested a paper test or the department computer for future test , the answer from the teacher was "may be". The problem didn't completely go away even after a cable was replaced by apple. Unfortunately the same problems happened during the final exam, I picked up a seat which was just in front of mirror.

The teacher claimed that she saw the notes on the laptop screen from the reflection of the mirror, actually the PDFs were not her class notes.

I am regret not to replace my laptop, which I can't afford by that time. I planed to work in the summer to purchase a new computer, now I am facing dismissal from the school and will have a hearing soon.

Thank you so much for your advice!

Reactions: 1 user
I concur with Goro on this one. Why couldn't you use a different computer? The schools usually have public ones.

However, it is kind of strange that your professor has been notified of the problem for the first exam, yet she thinks you were cheating for the second.

Thanks for your reply. This is the only laptop I have. The professor told me that the school didn't have a test center. I did pretty well in this class this semester and previous semester. This no reason for a person who plan to cheat will sit in front of a big mirror.

I am assuming the pharmacy school is apart of a 4 year university. They should have public computers for all students, I am surprised your school doesn't have one.

Do you have an email message that stated the problem specifically the first time? If so, I feel this will help your case even more. The school should have computers for its students, if it doesn't then the fault also lies with them.

Last edited:
sounds like one damn lazy professor. what type of school do you go to that they can't afford to provide laptops or give you paper exams?

Members don't see this ad :)
Have heard of cases where students get accused of cheating and get a lawyer involved which quickly resulted in the university dropping their case, not worth the negative publicity.

haha....."my computer kept opening my notes" is the millenial's "my dog ate my homework"

Reactions: 1 users
The mods will get rid of you...but not your posts. Sorry.

haha....."my computer kept opening my notes" is the millenial's "my dog ate my homework"

Yeah, I have never heard of a computer doing this. Not saying its impossible, but it sure seems next to impossible. Malfunctioning computers tend to lock up, close down programs without saving or give the blue screen of death......these problems are caused by lack of or improperly managed memory. I can't imagine what would malfunction in a computer to make it start opening up PDF files.

Yeah, I have never heard of a computer doing this. Not saying its impossible, but it sure seems next to impossible. Malfunctioning computers tend to lock up, close down programs without saving or give the blue screen of death......these problems are caused by lack of or improperly managed memory. I can't imagine what would malfunction in a computer to make it start opening up PDF files.
yup - not buying this one a single bit