Please help me to choose a right dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jh58698n

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a New York resident and living in NYC. I've been accepted to 2 dental schools and now it's time to decide....

SUNY Stony Brook VS. UMDNJ

Please feel free to talk about their Quality, Facility, Cost and etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Choose Stony. You are a new york resident, and must be considered out-of-state at UMDNJ. So I am sure stony is cheaper. They are both very good dental schools.

I'm torn between BU, Maryland, and UMDNJ - but i'm thinking UMDNJ. It's easy to establish residency in NJ (i heard you could do it over the summer) and get the tuition break.

I'm from NY and actually went over to UMDNJ today to take a second look. After talking to a lot of the students and faculty I was pretty much sold on going there. even though its very clinical there, there's still potential to specialize...

cdpiano27 said:
Choose Stony. You are a new york resident, and must be considered out-of-state at UMDNJ. So I am sure stony is cheaper. They are both very good dental schools.

I have heard that out-of-state students are eligible to establish NJ residency so that we are considered as in-state student before the first semester.(Pay in-state tuition) Is that true