Please help.. what should I do? Thanks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nanali

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a problem I would like to ask for some advice on. I switched majors from nursing to bio last semester and I thought that I will not be able to graduate until next fall and so I am planning to take the DAT next fall. I just found out there are some classes I can take and don't have to take for bio degree, and if everything goes well I will be able to graduate next summer instead of fall 07. The problem is that I don't know whether I should graduate in the summer or fall 07. I would like to ask, do you have to take a lot of upper level science courses to impress dental school? I am scared that if I decided to graduate next summer I will not have that many upper level science courses and will be looked down on. Anyway, below is my schedule, please take a look and help me decide on what I should do. Thank you in advance!

Grad next summer:
Fall 06
Genetics
Physics 2
Biochem
Co-op (count as an advanced bio)
Business law (advanced ele.)
16. hrs

Spring 07
Pre-cal
Comparative vertebrae anatomy
TA (advanced bio)
Co-op (advanced elective)
Evo, eco, bio div.
16 hrs.

Summer 1 and 2
Cal 1
computer literacy class

after summer 2 graduate.

So pretty much the only advanced level bio courses I have when graduated will be: Genentics, Zoology, Microbiology, Biochem, Pathophysiology, Comp. vertebrae anatomy.. is this enough? Or should I stay back one extra semester and take like human anatomy, human physiology and so on? Thank you again!

Members don't see this ad.

Well I thought that since I am a bio major, it would look bad if I didn't take a lot of advanced level bio.. but if I don't have to, then =) hehe Thanks