Please, please help me with this...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

monquin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this is an odd question, and I don't even know if this is the right place to post this (please forgive me if it's not the right place)...but...

I need to know what medical schools are relatively close to these areas:

1.Dallas, Pennsylvania

2. Lawrenceville, Virginia

3. Chambersburg, Pennsylvania

4. Berea, KY

5. Omaha, NE

I would really appreciate any information on Medical Schools located near these areas of the country.
I am researching colleges with programs for single mothers and would like to know which place to attend based on which one would prepare me better for applying to medical schools in the future.
Please state where the medical school is (city and state) and how far away it is from the location you're referring to off of my list.

Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

How does going to school in a particular area better prepare you for medical schools in that area? I'm not following.

As long as the city your school is in has a hospital to get clinical experience in, it doesn't really matter in most cases.

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe she is trying to go to a college that has specific support for single mothers, and would like to go through a pre-med preparatory track. She would also want to stay in the local area where she does all this pre-med stuff so her child would not have to experience drastic moves and having her gone a lot when she interviews, etc.

That said, PA is a good bet, and VA is not bad either.

Creighton University- Omaha Nebraska

I'm a firm believer in YOU preparing youself for medical school. Undergrad is just a hoop to jump through, you'd probably get a similar education at most places.

The answer is what bobow98 said above. Haha. I'm sorry, I didn't really explain well in my original post.

How does going to school in a particular area better prepare you for medical schools in that area? I'm not following.

As long as the city your school is in has a hospital to get clinical experience in, it doesn't really matter in most cases.

Thank you, all, for your help!
I believe I have finally narrowed it down to a couple of schools. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.