Please support the reunification of families of legal permanent residents

doctorperez

Jesus was a dissident
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did you know that spouses and children of Legal Permanent Residents have to wait for an immigrant visa to become available before they can enter the country. This process, and due to the backlog in immigrant visa availability, is currently taking an average of six years.

During this long period of time, spouses and children of legal immigrants are not even allowed to visit their families in the USA. As a result, hundreds of thousands of families are being torn apart with little hope of relief. Few years ago a new visa category was introduced, the V visa. Although this new visa category helped reduce the suffering of some families, it practically expired on December 20, 2003, and until this moment it has not been renewed.

Lately bill H.R. 3701 was introduced in the House of Representatives that, upon enactment, would extend the provisions of the V visa and would help unite legal permanent residents with their spouses and children who are awaiting the availability of an immigrant visa.

The six years immigration visa waiting time for beneficiaries whose spouses are already Lawful Permanent Residents is not only unjust but also against our American family values. So we please ask for your support in making this bill become a law.

Please direct your browsers today toRe-Enact "V" visas and sign the online petition, it is free, fast and easy to do,

The families of Legal permanent residents Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I am not clear on what this has to do with medicine. If these people are coming here for thier residencies then are they not going back to thier natice contry? If so then they are just using the system of residency to circumvent current immigration laws and I do not see any reason to grant them special dispensation.

HNS

This is related to spouses of medical students who may be sensitive to the needs of families.

As you may know, many medical students are legal permanent residents and some do have their families torn apart due to the unjust backlog on visas for relatives.

To anyone knowledgeable about the immigration system it is known there is no circumvention of any laws in this regard. Legal permanent residents are legal, tax paying, defend in combat, white coat wearing members of our society who are here on a permanent basis and deserve far more than a student on a student visa, or a worker on a work visa to be united with her or his family in an expeditious manner.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
They broke the law. Maybe if they weren't so dishonest and didn't leave their families behind their famillies wouldn't be torn apart.

dsblaha said:
They broke the law. Maybe if they weren't so dishonest and didn't leave their families behind their famillies wouldn't be torn apart.

Actually you should inform yourselfe before publicly expressing speculations. All legal permanent residents are "legal" and most Legal permanent residents never broke a single Immigration law.

How about the individual who entered 100% legal, gained its legal permanent residence and married after obtaining the residence?

In fact your post shows you ignore immigration laws for if an individual becomes a legal resident and she or he is married all his family would gain status immediately together with his application.

This law applies to those individuals who entered 100% legally and married after gaining status.

This act became a succesful law that was approved by congress in the past, in my opinion because it is plain to see it is an injustice and a rupture of american family values to keep these families torn apart. And ladies and gentlemen God willing this act will become a law again.

God Bless America!

My friend's husband is Mexican. They have 2 children. She lives in NorCal, and until his paperwork gets put through (and they have been giving them the run-around like you wouldn't believe) she will have to continue to raise the children on her own.

Recently, they met in Tijuana (a 20-hour bus trip for him) to complete a step of the process. They paid a $110 fee for an interview with an INS agent. Apparently, someone had given them the WRONG FORM (and they had to pay for that form to be filed!). It will take another 3 months for the correct form to be filed, after which time they can schedule another interview. Oh, and they will be charged another $110 for the new interview, plus another fee for the form.

I think that there are definitely some kinks in the system. I mean, a single, working mother of 2 can't afford ridiculous fees like that, not to mention the travel costs to Tijuana.