plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help for AADSAS application section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rupkaur

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took Dat once, but bcz of my very bad pat scores, I was thinking about retaking it again. But after ure guys response and looking at students who did bad 2nd time, I m not sure whether I wanna to take it again. So, right now I m filling out application. SO, what should I write for Dat section.
If I don't include future dat, r schools going to discard my application bcz of low scores or they r going to suggest me to retake dat....
but if I fill out I m going to retake, and later changed my mind not to take it; how it is going to affect my application....
or can I leave future dat portion blank and retake it, and If I will do good, then can I change my application status later that I retook dat n here are my scores....
I don't know which option should i try.....I will appreciate if you guys response me early....
MY stats are right now
pat-15, rc-17, qr-18, bio-19, gchem-21, ochem-22, ts-20, aa-19.
my community college's gpa-3.85 and UC davis -3.49.
Thanks a lot!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

My thought is that you shouldn't fill out the DAT section AADSAS. The school will wait for your scores before they look at it. Then, send DAT results before retaking the DAT. If you retake it and you want the schools to have access to results from both tests then have the new results sent. If you get rejected based on the first set of DAT scores then call the school and tell them you plan to retake the DAT and ask if they will reconsider with new DAT scores.

I took Dat once, but bcz of my very bad pat scores, I was thinking about retaking it again. But after ure guys response and looking at students who did bad 2nd time, I m not sure whether I wanna to take it again. So, right now I m filling out application. SO, what should I write for Dat section.
If I don't include future dat, r schools going to discard my application bcz of low scores or they r going to suggest me to retake dat....
but if I fill out I m going to retake, and later changed my mind not to take it; how it is going to affect my application....
or can I leave future dat portion blank and retake it, and If I will do good, then can I change my application status later that I retook dat n here are my scores....
I don't know which option should i try.....I will appreciate if you guys response me early....
MY stats are right now
pat-15, rc-17, qr-18, bio-19, gchem-21, ochem-22, ts-20, aa-19.
my community college's gpa-3.85 and UC davis -3.49.
Thanks a lot!!!!!

if you're planning on taking the DAT again, then you should put down that you're planning to take the test again so they'll just put your apps on hold. that way they won't reject you because of your 2nd DAT scores. i think your scores are good. you should check with the schools to see if you still need to re-take the test. i know where you're coming from....my 2nd DATs suck like hell. good luck!!

if you're planning on taking the DAT again, then you should put down that you're planning to take the test again so they'll just put your apps on hold. that way they won't reject you because of your 2nd DAT scores. i think your scores are good. you should check with the schools to see if you still need to re-take the test. i know where you're coming from....my 2nd DATs suck like hell. good luck!!

Hey,
After looking at the scores of students who took DAT 2nd time, I didn't want to take it again. So far, I just took DAT once and I put that scores....I asked schools and most of them suggested me to retake the test except Arizona, indiana, and USC. These three schools told me that I am fine w/ my 1st dat scores n they told me not to take it again.
I m just scared what if I will do worse than 1st time bcz I m not going to get time for study right now bcz of my fall school.....Anyways, thanks for ur reply...good luck for u too....