About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

podiatrist salary

Discussion in 'Podiatry Students' started by preDO12345678, Dec 7, 2012.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. preDO12345678

preDO12345678

Pre-Podiatry
    SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Just to be realistic, on average, do/CAN podiatrists earn 110k, assuming that they operate on regular basis and run their clinics ???? I know a podiatrist in chinatown see like 35+ patients a day.. and always busy... ??

35 patients day x 5 days x 52 weeks -_- ?? + surgery - malpractice..

SOMEONE INFORMS me! :scared:

AND NO... im not "just for the money" I love the profession as well.. even if i will be earning 50k.. i frankly do not mind.. but i just want ot know the ballpark salary.. in general.. cause the podiatrists, especially the chinese ones are extremely BUSY... (not much chinese-speaking podiatrists around... and lots of immigrant would pay cash for the services )
  2. pacpod

pacpod Who Dey! Staff Member Administrator SDN Senior Moderator Gold Donor

Podiatry Student
    SDN Published Author SDN 2+ Year Member
  3. Feli

Feli ACFAS Member

Attending Physician
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    If you make net $110k, you are below average for a ABPS board cert 3yr trained grad (the standard for DPMs now).

I stand to make significantly more than that during my first 12mo contract (assuming I work hard and hit my bonuses well), and I even took the "delay gratification" financial route of private practice. Some of my co-residents and other colleagues who took the more immediate (higher base salary) gratification route of hospital or large doc group employment probably cleared $100k in their first 6 months... but most of them have much less income ceiling than a private practitioner with future owner/partnership potential and many other streams of revenue aside from just RVUs will have available. When I say gratification, I am referencing just the money, though... there is actually much more: hours worked, enjoyment, patient population and variety, co-workers, autonomy, etc etc etc.

In podiatry, you will do quite well. Keep shadowing DPMs and ask questions on the forums, but pick a career because you like it and can see yourself having satisfaction... not just making dollars. GL
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012