Portsmouth intern graduation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Monty Python

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My AOL news links connected to a Norfolk area story this morning. Seems Naval Hospital Portmouth had a formal formation (in dress whites) to honor the current intern class's graduation. Minus the four USAF interns graduating (displaced from Keesler to Portsmouth due to Katrina), there were approximately 70 interns graduating.

The article went on to describe how almost 50 of the graduating interns were headed to various billets in GMO-land of two to three years duration.

So the Navy is utilizing at least 70+% of this year's post-interns as GMOs.

Members don't see this ad.

trinityalumnus said:
My AOL news links connected to a Norfolk area story this morning. Seems Naval Hospital Portmouth had a formal formation (in dress whites) to honor the current intern class's graduation. Minus the four USAF interns graduating (displaced from Keesler to Portsmouth due to Katrina), there were approximately 70 interns graduating.

The article went on to describe how almost 50 of the graduating interns were headed to various billets in GMO-land of two to three years duration.

So the Navy is utilizing at least 70+% of this year's post-interns as GMOs.

Well, 70% of its Portsmouth interns, anyway. It's sad if true.

I was stationed there for 5 years....that number seems accurate.

Members don't see this ad :)
Those numbers are correct...but the thing is...many of those interns were happy to be heading out to a GMO.

rotatores