Positive covid test fairly asymptotic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dabears505

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are you guys doing for these kind of situations? Staffing super tight right now. 10 days off?

Members don't see this ad.

Yep. How will you explain if your patients get sick? If you’re tight, I am sure the hospital isn’t far behind. Do you have enough staff to run the ORs?

Reactions: 3 users
Yep. How will you explain if your patients get sick? If you’re tight, I am sure the hospital isn’t far behind. Do you have enough staff to run the ORs?

There's a million things going around now. RSV is very prevalent.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
There's a million things going around now. RSV is very prevalent.
The premise of the original question is positive COVID. If already tested positive, other viral disease, will just have to run their course.

We had a few Surgicenter personnel who tested positive, then some of our physicians who go to there a lot now are positive with mild symptoms. The group gave them days with pay and asking people to work post call. I have a feeling, this is going to, again, get worse before it gets better.
Better to get these positive people feeling better now, than burning through everyone. My 2 cents.

Reactions: 2 users
Had it 2 weeks ago. 10 days quarantine and I'm 1099 so no pay, super lame.

Reactions: 1 user
Unfortunately at our place, COVID positive testing MDs or CRNAs are required to take the 7-10 days off at home , and that time is officially vacation (it is taken from your 2022 scheduled weeks ).

This has led to no one wanting to get tested , assuming minor symptoms , and certainly not after an exposure to someone else.

The same is for our RNs on the OR staff, they would need to use up their PTO days, even if asymptomatic and positive.

Unfortunately at our place, COVID positive testing MDs or CRNAs are required to take the 7-10 days off at home , and that time is officially vacation (it is taken from your 2022 scheduled weeks ).

This has led to no one wanting to get tested , assuming minor symptoms , and certainly not after an exposure to someone else.

The same is for our RNs on the OR staff, they would need to use up their PTO days, even if asymptomatic and positive.

Thus, your exposure to Covid 19 is a definite at some point. Nobody will want to get tested meaning the virus will be everywhere. Fortunately, Omicron is highly contagious but not serious for 99% of people with 3 mRNA shots on board.

Maybe it is time for that 4th shot?

Early lab work has shown that vaccines' ability to neutralise the virus wanes with time after the third dose, a professor of biology at Temple University in Philadelphia, Enrico Bucci, said.

Israel's plan may be a test of that in a real-world setting, he said.

After 4 months the 3rd dose mRNA vaccine begins to wane. Many of you should be considering a 4th dose NOW to avoid Omicron; the main reason to avoid Omicron is so you don't miss any days at work. If you don't care about missing work or your colleagues then by all means continue on as usual.

"On Tuesday night, Israel's Pandemic Expert Committee recommended a fourth dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine for over-60s, medics, and those with compromised immunity, at least four months after their third jab."

Reactions: 1 user

According to Lothar Wieler, president of Germany's Robert Koch Institute (RKI) for infectious diseases, Omicron will be responsible for most coronavirus infections in Germany within three weeks.

5 days with with contingency staffing or no restrictions with crisis staffing.

AEDBD9D6-1FF9-4389-A602-921CE975F044.jpeg

Last edited:
I am in a study that checked my antibody levels, and a few weeks ago I was >2000. I got my booster in september.
is waning the same in younger vs the older folks?

thats kind of messed up. especially with not testing and symptomatic. could end up causing serious harm to patients and coworkers. just because dont want to lose pay/vacation. i'm in one of the heaviest hit areas, all my tests have been negative. i dont hangout since covid started 2 years ago and use n95 all day long. intubated plenty of covid patients.

its still 10 days here for positive test. and it uses our sick days.

This is the main reason America has failed at Covid. Lack of testing, and financial considerations for working age people such that they cannot take time off if they are sick. Many workers don’t even have that much sick time to spare, let alone can afford staying home with no pay.

Hey, sorry to hear about your positive COVID test. It's good that you're asymptomatic, but I can imagine the stress of having to take 10 days off is tough. As for staffing, I totally get it. We're all feeling the pinch right now.

In terms of what to do in these situations, I've heard good things about Number One Lab's patient testing site. It's easy to use and you can get your results quickly. Plus, it's always a good idea to know your status and take the necessary precautions to keep yourself and those around you safe.

Hang in there and stay positive!
This thread was from Dec 2021, so I’m fairly certain most of the posters in this thread likely died from Covid. The good news is that, despite their deaths, they have still been able to vote in all subsequent elections.

• Haha
  • Okay...
This thread was from Dec 2021, so I’m fairly certain most of the posters in this thread likely died from Covid. The good news is that, despite their deaths, they have still been able to vote in all subsequent elections.

Did they vote “D” or “R”?