Possibility of rejoining

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PressPforPi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Long story short, IRR member here with a high VA rating. Would it be possible to get it lowered and go active Reserves?

Members don't see this ad.

I've seen reservist with 100% rating. I'm not sure how that works.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Long story short, IRR member here with a high VA rating. Would it be possible to get it lowered and go active Reserves?

It's not so much the rating, but what your military exit physical looked like, as well as what you should be disclosing when you go back through MEPS. If there's a bunch of things on there you might need a ton of waivers or just be rejected.

Personally, if you have a high VA rating I'd say keep it and move on with life. I think you are correct in that most of the guys with ratings went straight from AD to SELRES

If you get accepted, in terms of pay, the VA is going to send you a letter that they'll want their money back from the days you were drilling. You can opt to either not collect drill pay and take the VA pay, or waive the VA pay for those days and collect drill pay.

@GreenHousePub Thanks for the information. I definitely wouldn’t withhold any information from MEPS if I got that far. I’m attempting to get in touch with a recruiter, but haven’t been able to yet. Figure I’d ask here in the mean time. Thanks everyone.

It seems from my reading here you need to go through HRC Career Branch Management and not a recruiter if trying to transition from IRR to TPU

Try this email and see if they can get you pointed in the right direction.

[email protected]

I would not lead off the discussion with your disability rating either, just your wish to transition from IRR to TPU. Just sayin'

Reactions: 1 users
It seems from my reading here you need to go through HRC Career Branch Management and not a recruiter if trying to transition from IRR to TPU

Try this email and see if they can get you pointed in the right direction.

[email protected]

I would not lead off the discussion with your disability rating either, just your wish to transition from IRR to TPU. Just sayin'

Literally the most military email possible lol

If it takes them 2 weeks to respond, and then they answer with a 3 page long, obviously canned response that only direct you to a webpage that doesn’t work instead of answering your question, then it’s the most military e-mail ever.

Reactions: 4 users