Post All DMCG (Dubai Medical College for Girls) Info and Opinions Here

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

free09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am interested in DMCG. I am an American student of Pakistani descent with a degree in Chemistry. If you have any information, please post here. I called the school for info, but was informed that the admissions officer was on vacation. My friend in Dubai went in person to the school and he talked to them in person. This is what he mailed me:

1. The entire course is 4 years and 8 months. So you start in September and graduate in May 4 years later. This is followed by a 1 year unpaid internship.

2. Applications are open from 01 June until 10 July so the deadline is 10 July.

3. Entrance exam is reqd for everyone even if you've done your bachelors.

4. The exams are in chemistry & biology & are taken only after successful registration i.e after they've determined that you've fulfilled all the requirements. He couldn't give me the exact dates for the exams.

My specific questions are:

-I read this on another site: "The truth is anyone who graduated from Dubai Medical College was easily given Residency in Dept. Of Health but it was stopped for all expatriates 4 years ago. This year the Director General felt the need to take expats & therefore we were called for interviews. Of the 144 applicants, 44 were called for interviews & 34 were finally selected. "

So if one doesn't get an internship, then what?...

-Assuming one does get the internship, where do grads continue for specialization?

-How do you arrange electives/rotations when only 1 month is given off during the year?

-Should I consider any other medical school in Dubai instead?

You don't have to answer my question specifically; you can post anything you know about DMCG. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I was looking at it as well, i was going to call them up

does anyone know where we can get material for the entrance exams at dubai medical college, RAK medical and Gulf Medical University?